Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baseline Exam (June2007) to first pre-test (PT36) improvement

edited July 2016 in General 194 karma
Hi 7Sagers. Wanted to post my improvement stats and also see how others faired on their first LSAT after completing the course. For reference, I purchased the LSAT Ultimate package. Anyways my results:

June 2007
LR -7 LR -9 LG -9 RC -12
Raw Score: 63/100
Actual Score: 152

PT:36
LR -10 LR -3 LG -3 RC -7
Raw Score: 78/100
Actual Score: 162

Raw Improvement: +15
Actual Improvement: +10

Over all I'm pleased with this progress. In my first LR section I got destroyed but that was more due to being nervous and not being strategic enough with the harder questions. Once I settled in things went much smoother. Anyways, feel free to post your improvement if you'd like.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Hey, that's great! Congrats! Now target your weak spots and continue to reinforce your strengths, and no telling how high you could go! Great first step.
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    453 karma
    @tristanschmoor said:
    In my first LR section I got destroyed but that was more due to being nervous and not being strategic enough with the harder questions. Once I settled in things went much smoother.

How do you "settle in" when taking a PT?

I am in the post-curriculum phase as well and have seen no improvement from my initial diagnostic till now. I really attribute it to the timing aspect and, honestly, being way to nervous/stressed over it. It's like once the timer has started, I freak out, my head spins, and I cannot get it together. Yet, my BR scores are off the charts good for my target score of 165 (I have been hitting BR scores in the high 160s to 170s). I have been trying to implement the low hanging fruit method with no luck.

I am so jelly of your progress. But congratulations!! That's awesome you are doing so well.
  • 194 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Thanks! Yeah I'm drilling as we speak. I made a lot of mistakes on Lawgic heavy questions like MSS, MBT and SA. Most likely since I haven't done them in a while. I'm actually glad thats where my mistakes are since refreshing on Lawgic is relatively easy.

@"Darth Jurist" I got the same way, mind racing, can't think, read something and don't understanding it at all etc. etc. I tried the breathing technique YJ suggested and it might of helped a bit. The main thing I did was think about how much time I was waisting re-reading because I was panicked. I kind of reprimanded myself in my head "stop freaking out dummy" and then made a conscious effort to understand instead of flying through the question stem. As for the low hanging fruit method. IMO it can be over done. I just skip a question when I'm stumped, NOT when I know how to do it but it might take a bit longer to translate the answers or something. I also scored 170 in the BR so we have similar knowledge. Keep practicing you'll get the hang of it. Feel free to add me as a study buddy.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    That's a huge improvement. That must be so stimulating. Keep it up.I believe that 167+ won't be a problem for you.
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    453 karma
    @tristanschmoor said:
    Feel free to add me as a study buddy.
    Will do!!
  • cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    edited July 2016 737 karma
    Congrats on your improvements! May I ask how long it took you to see the improvements between your first diagnostic up until you were done with the course?
  • edited July 2016 194 karma
    @cgracia12 Thank you! I completed the course over a year period but I took a 8 month break due to university. I completed the last 70% of the course over the past month. As for improvements during the course, it's hard to say. Every time you begin to feel like you're improving theres a new question/game type that makes you feel completely green again. I hope that answers your question.
  • edited July 2016 194 karma
    Just as a follow up for anyone who is interested, here are my scores for PT 37 & 38

PT:37
    LR: -6 LR: -4 LG: -10 RC: -6
    Raw Score: 75/101
    Actual Score: 159
    Blind Review: 173

PT:38
    LR: -4 LR: -3 LG: -3 RC: -8
    Raw Score: 82/100
    Actual Score: 165
    Blind Review: 178
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Huge LG improvement. Nice.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    That BR score is bad too.
  • 46 karma
    What is the time frame between both? Awesome job!!
  • 194 karma
    @montahar Thanks! I wasn't tactical enough on PT37's RC section so I ended up missing a game

@elizabethkaren05 I wrote PT 36 on July 1st, PT 37 on July 3rd and PT 38 on July 5th.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Wow, you're doing great! Keep us updated!
  • cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma
    @tristanschmoor Awesome! Thanks again, and best of luck!
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    Go you!
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    My first PT ever was a 151 and my first PT after 7sage curriculum was 166 which I think was kind of a fluke, because the next PT was 159.