Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really need help!

Omed_OvOOmed_OvO Alum Member
in General 158 karma
Hey folks,

I'm in some need of advice! I took my first PT out of curriculum (PT 36) and scored 157 (diagnostic: 143). But now, my score has dropped to 152, 154. My LR sections can range from -12 to -5. I really want to get it to -2 or -3! I need some help on getting my score to finally break 160!

Comments

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    edited August 2016 1762 karma
    What I've been doing is typing out my lr explanations when I br a pt. A paraphrase and why each answer is wrong/right. Then I watch the vid. Then after the vid I drill types of questions that gave me a hard time. It takes longer but it totally works for me.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Omed_OvO ,

So it seems like you are having some inconsistencies with LR... LR is one of those sections that can be very forgiving if we are weak with some question types and punish up severely for those same weaknesses on other tests.

I like / use the advice @nanchito wrote above. Do a very thorough BR, watch the solution videos for every question you got wrong, and then re-watch the lessons. As Nanchito says, yes it takes a long time, but it is totally worth it. You want to be so confident about the questions you missed that if you see one just like it on game day you will say to yourself "I got this!"

Are there any particular question types you are missing when you enter your score in and look at the LSAT Analytics?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @nanchito said:
    It takes longer but it totally works for me.
    Major key alert (omg I'm so sorry lol) but this is what everyone should remember!!! taking longer to finish material or to finish a PT/Drill shouldn't demotivate you, it may suck, but the outcome is almost always success!
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    edited August 2016 916 karma
    I rely partially on the Analytics tool to drill question types I've been struggling with, as prioritized on the Analytics tool. I've been using the question bank to practice those question types. I found that this helps also in addition to thoroughly reviewing PTs via BR.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @draj0623 said:
    I rely partially on the Analytics tool to drill question types I've been struggling with, as prioritized on the Analytics tool. I've been using the question bank to practice those question types. I found that this helps also in addition to thoroughly reviewing PTs via BR.
    Sounds like you are on the right path!! Keep going and don't give up and you will see improvements. Don't cha just love the question bank.... The question bank is my bae<3 lol
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    Yeah, inconsistency right out of the curriculum is really common. You haven't mastered the material yet, so you're going to win some/lose some. It just means you have more work to do, which you knew anyway. Just make sure you're not burning through your PTs. Each one will have something unique to tell you, so be sure to take the time to hear what that is. Then return to the curriculum, do drills, reinforce whatever weaknesses the PT exposes, and return to PTing only when you feel you have patched your soft spots. Then, your next PT will expose all new issues. Repeat the process. Going from curriculum to PTing is not an overnight transition. There's a long period of grey in which you will have frequent and extensive returns to the curriculum. This is where it happens though, so don't get emotionally invested in your PT performance because if you do it becomes way too easy to gloss over your shortcomings.
  • Omed_OvOOmed_OvO Alum Member
    158 karma
    I guess I'll keep my head low and keep working. Thank you guys for the advice! I just hope to break the 160 mark soon.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Omed_OvO" said:
    I guess I'll keep my head low and keep working. Thank you guys for the advice! I just hope to break the 160 mark soon.

I'n confident you will sooner than you think. It is going to be all about getting LR consistently down and you're already on your way there! Just keep grinding!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    How bout you take pt's 35 and down as actual tests until you're at a point where you're scoring close to the 160s? or do retakes that were taken a few months ago? Also make sure your lg is on pooooooint.

Also, try not to focus so much on the pt score, focus on the br score and close those gaps.
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    The question bank is my bae<3 lol
    Smh... Me too. xD