Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to improve speed on Logic Games

sewellsarahsewellsarah Free Trial Member
LG is consistently my worst section on PTs. When I try a Logic Games section without the pressure of finishing in 35 minutes, I usually do pretty well (maybe 2 or 3 wrong answers), but when I do a timed section, I'm getting 8 or 9 questions wrong and sometimes I run out of time completely.

I think my problem is keeping track of the time, though I don't have this issue with LR or RC. I feel confident in my ability to make inferences and diagram games, but I'm sure there are ways to improve that as well.

Any tips on keeping time/moving quickly through logic games? Am I just being impatient? It's just frustrating because I can see improvement in every other area that I'm working on.

Comments

• citizenkanyecitizenkanye Member
    edited September 2016 74 karma
    Have you tried to stick to or go under the time constraints that JY lists in every LG video? Different games take varying amounts of time, as I'm sure you know, and a great way to improve LG timing is to learn to complete easier/medium level questions well under JY's stipulated time limit and use any saved minutes to tackle the difficult games.

Also, I feel that speed in LG comes with practice. Start timing yourself by using a stopwatch and assessing how you make use of your time during each game. Move on to complete timed sections after you have a reasonably good grasp of how much time you should spend, on average, on easy/medium/difficult games in order to complete a section in 35 minutes.
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @sewellsarah the good new is that you can improve rapidly on LG without inventing the wheel thanks to 7Sage community. I included some links below that might help you plus my own experience. I hope it would be useful to you.

Have you done the LG Bundle and foolproof all the games from PT 1-35? It is possible to achieve -0 on LG. I started with -16 on LG and ended up -2 to -0 on my most recent PTs.

My suggestion: after fool proofing LG Bundle, take LG sections of PT 1-35 under time and watch J.Y explanation after completing each section but this time when you watching focus mostly on how he teaches to perceive the right answer choice (instead of brute force) and try to implement his suggestions on the next section.

Do not get bog down on one question (take a hint if possible) but if you find one super difficult and you are confident about your master game board, skip the question answer others in that particular game then come back to it use your other set ups you drew; if nothing works finish the section and if you have extra time come back to it. The ultimate goal is to be able to systematically answer any questions so when under exam pressure you just follow your system. You need to develop a system that works best for you. The system I am trying to follow is like

1- read the question set up the sketch try make obvious inferences
    2- check answer choices
    3- If still confused take count of the items write them near questions and go through the rules one by one make inferences
    4- check answer choices
    5- If still stuck, SKIP the question
    6- After I have done all other questions I will take another try at it by only checking the question against all of my sketches (I do not try to make inferences again unless I already finished the section)

Pacifico Logic Games Attack Strategy

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

J.Y fool-proof guide

https://7sage.com/lesson/fool-proof-guide-to-perfection-on-logic-games/

I hope this helps you