Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lower backpain...

orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
in General 216 karma
Hello, sorry for posting multiple posts.
I tend to have lower back pain due to the Lateral curvature.
Can we move our body and neck while taking the test? I'm afraid it will be seen as cheating...
What do you do when you get tired during the test?

Thanks

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Depends on your test site. Mine had us very spread out so I could have gotten away with stretching but other sites can be more compact. Also I suppose a super strict proctor can play into this, but if it's something you really need to do then maybe talk to the proctor ahead of time
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    It probably depends on how much, which may depend on the center/proctor. I was given at my test center an entire table which extended six or seven seats. I unfortunately have chronic back pain as well, so it was much to my benefit that I was able to stretch out and borrow room from other seats.

Try finding a smaller test center. I would guess that would help you.
  • orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
    edited October 2016 216 karma
    Thank you guys.
    @danielznelson said:
    borrow room from other seats.
    What does this mean? I thought big test center was good, but do you mean in smaller test center they do not put too many ppl in the same room so smaller center is actually better?
    216 karma
    Btw how do we know which test center is big?
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    @orangebeer Sorry I wasn't clearer. Firstly, you're right that a larger test room is better; I meant to recommend a test center that will likely have few people. I knew, for example, that my test center would both have a large room and perhaps 30 people (it only ended up having 15).

Also, by "borrowing room," I meant that I was able to use space from other seats, given that literally every other seat in my row was empty. I was quite literally sprawled over 2-3 seats, with my arms and shoulders leaning on the chair beside me and my extra materials lying another chair away. I'm not sure if that would help out your back pain, but being able to switch positions a lot helps me tremendously.
    216 karma
    I see.
    I was thinking to use compress for my back, but not sure it will work...
    And the smell.
    I wonder whether it distracts my attention...when I do practice tests, it sometimes bothers me but on the real test day I hope I concentrate on the test so much and will not get distracted by other stuff.
    By the way, during the break time can we use medical items? Or do we have to apply for accommodations for this too? I do not need to use them during the test time, but hope can use them during the break. I thought we can use anything during the break, but no?
    216 karma
  • 20 karma
    Honestly during my test in September I realized that the rules aren't as strict as I previously thought. It just feels like your taking a college midterm or something. you should be fine, I basically stood up during mine for 15 seconds to have a little mental break before the last RC passage
    216 karma
    @peterpetrousian

@peterpetrousian said:
    . It just feels like your taking a college midterm or something.
    This makes me feel much more comfortable now lol
    So I guess we can use medical items too if needed without applying for accommodations?
    @peterpetrousian said:
    I basically stood up during mine for 15 seconds to have a little mental break before the last RC passage
    Did you ask the proctor to do so?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited October 2016 12637 karma
    Just be careful, some proctors are more laid back than others. It really depends on who you get. Clarify with your proctor first, but chances are if you're courteous and tell the proctor you have back issues they'll be a little more lenient with you.

I've never taken the LSAT so I can't speak from experience there, but I have taken tests with overseers and I also have back issues. I just gave them a heads up that I'd be stretching and moving on occasion and they said that's fine and thanked me for letting them know.