Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

February score for 2018

zrkarenzrkaren Alum Member
in General 60 karma
I know the LSAT score is good for 5 years so if i take the LSAT on February and wait to apply for the year after, is that kosher? or is it a bad move?

Comments

• desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Great move. The only potential downside is that it is a non disclosed test so you don't get to see the specifics of how your test went, you only get a score. In that respect only the June test may be preferable. But as long as you are hitting your target scores in your PTs by Feb. that would be a great test to take to apply for Fall 2018.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @zrkaren said:
    I know the LSAT score is good for 5 years so if i take the LSAT on February and wait to apply for the year after, is that kosher? or is it a bad move?
    You and the test score will be good for 5 years, so taking in Feb 18 and applying the next year will be 100% kosher.

I'll second the concerns voiced above about Feb test and it being undisclosed. However, I know of many people who have taken it and done just fine. If you're ready, you're ready..

Good luck!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    If you're ready, you're ready..
    Yup, that's what it comes down to. I'm awaiting such a day<3 lol
  • zrkarenzrkaren Alum Member
    60 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    You and the test score will be good for 5 years, so taking in Feb 18 and applying the next year will be 100% kosher.

I'll second the concerns voiced above about Feb test and it being undisclosed. However, I know of many people who have taken it and done just fine. If you're ready, you're ready..

Good luck!
    Gotcha! I was on a great track for the December test until Hurricane Matthew left me without power for a week and I pretty much lost about 35 hours of studying... so it would be a miracle if I can make up for those hours in time... But if I wait until June I am afraid I am going to forget everything that I have drilled so far. Ugh!
  • zrkarenzrkaren Alum Member
    60 karma
    @desire2learn said:
    The only potential downside is that it is a non disclosed test so you don't get to see the specifics of how your test went, you only get a score. In that respect only the June test may be preferable.
    Oh wow, is there a reason why they don't disclose that test?
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I don't know the official reason. I imagine it has to do with keeping enough material "in the bank" so they don't run out for emergency situations but that is pure speculation on my part.