Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I 'truly' international? A question regarding the application process

WillJayKWillJayK Alum Member
Hi, I am a senior student applying for this cycle.

I am currently a dual citizen of US and South Korea. I will be graduating from a college in South Korea.

I believe my overall stat will be

superior(yet to be determined by LSAC)/170(September2016).

I know general wisdom for international applicants (students with non-US/Canadian GPA) is to apply in accordance with median LSAT scores and to expect good chances only when the LSAT score is above the median.

Here are my questions

1. Despite my citizenship, will my application be reviewed in the international applicant pool?

2. If so, should I apply and expect chances of receiving admission from schools with the median LSAT score that is the same or below 170? I hope that I have a shot at CCN...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Member
    140 karma
    I can't help with the second question, but for the first, which applicant pool you're in generally depends on where you're residing, regardless of your citizenship. So if you're a resident of South Korea, you will be in the international applicant pool. That said, you should call each law school and confirm.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2016 2424 karma
    I'm international too man! As far as to what pool they will put us in (national, international, black, white, etc.) that is really none of our business in my opinion. Each university has their own unique way to evaluate its applicants. Just focus on building the strongest application possible and what makes you unique. That is what you can control. I don't think your GPA will have too much weight being that you are graduating from an international university, and your LSAT is pretty good! Then again, I'm no admission expert so take this with a grain of salt; but I think you have some pretty good chances based on your background and your LSAT ;)
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    I would not call each law school and confirm that you will be put on an international pool if I were you by the way.
  • WillJayKWillJayK Alum Member
    163 karma
    @Alejandro Thank you so much for the precious piece of advice. You help me be in the proper mindset for the application. I will make the best application possible. Thank you!