Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some motivation for those who need it: score jump!

J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
in General 575 karma
So, really I just want to pat myself on the back. It's really not that much to brag about, but after a month or so of my PT scores being stuck around 160, today my score jumped to a 166! And, that's with only finishing 3 logic games (better than I've ever done, LG is my worst section) and doing worse on the LR sections than I normally do!

All of that to say - don't give up. I had almost given up on reaching a 170, but now it doesn't seem all that unattainable. I know I have a lot of work to do, but just focus on the things that are tripping you up and be diligent with taking PTs and BR!

Anyway, I'm having a good day :)

And, thanks, 7Sage <3

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    *pats you on the back* lol

That's freakin' awesome @"J. Tharp" Very motivating indeed. I think it is so important for us to read stories like these because I think these are all our stories to an extent: wanting to give up sometimes, but ultimately finding the motivation to keep going. And the results of that choice to stay determined and to keep trying are always so positive.

I'm also a really big believer that if someone can score a 165 that they 100% can score a 170. So you're right there, just keep going! :)

Congrats again!
  • almah094almah094 Member
    11 karma
    That's great! And the kind of motivation I need at the moment. Thanks for sharing :D
  • J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma
    Thanks @"Alex Divine"! I think it's important to share the good moments as well because it's so easy on the bad days to think "I must just suck at this test" and want to give up. I know I didn't always believe people on here when they told me it would all start "clicking" one day. But, eventually, it does!
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Nice! And your positivity makes your chance of getting a 170 all the more likely!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
  • cm214998cm214998 Alum Member
    190 karma
    That's awesome news! Keep up the great work! I still have yet to take a PT since my diagnostic (which was in the 140's). I'm focusing on finishing the curriculum first, which I'm working through slowly, but I'm very curious to see if I've improved. I definitely know I have because 7sage is f-ing awesome but the anticipation is killing me! lol
  • HshutterHshutter Alum Member
    90 karma
    This is so encouraging for me to hear! I'm not nearly done with all of the curriculum yet, but even though I'm feeling like I'm improving- I'm still not scoring better on my practice tests, and that's been weighing on me. This gives me motivation to persevere! Good work!!!