Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple Blind Review Worksheet

LnanncampbellLnanncampbell Alum Member
in General 104 karma
Just a simple BR worksheet you can print out double sided and use if you find it helpful and you're not already tired of printing. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YM5Vmzap38SSVhloin5PYEffF6DPv6_uc2IJo6yoYBU/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    A couple of hours ago, I posted a questions/discussion about how to catalog all of the drill questions, etc. This is useful for doing just that! THANKS for the worksheet!
  • LnanncampbellLnanncampbell Alum Member
    104 karma
    Thanks @ScooterMinion I will check out your post. I changed the worksheet a little bit just now too to include question number. Let me know if you think there are any other changes you think could be helpful.
    1018 karma
    Oooooo, even better! The only thing I can see that I would need to tweak is that there isn't enough room for me to write the pre-phrase that small. (I know I need to work on that though) :/

I hate to critique generosity, but...there is an extra space after "E:" - can that space be moved up before "A:" ?

Sorry my post is long. If I knew how to add the link here, I would post it for convenience--I can't even find it in the long list of discussion threads. I'm having a bit of a "too much info meltdown" today, so I'm not even sure what my name is---thank goodness I have a picture next to my name. :D
    104 karma
    I had the same feeling two days ago -- you're not alone! And definitely! I will change it right now. :) Let me know if you'd like any changes in future too. I'll probably keep nitpicking at it as I go through more prep tests.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Accounts Playable" also has a really dope BR worksheet I use! But this one is simple and clean - I like it!
    104 karma
    Oh good to know! I will check that out!
    1018 karma
    AAAAAAH! It's perfect! I'll keep checking back for the tweaks. Thank you for sharing this!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    My BR would frequently stretch across 10 - 20 pages, haha, so this would be a little restrictive for me. BR isn't the time to get concise, so just make sure you allow yourself to expand if you need! I'm also not big on pre-phrasing for most question types, so don't wed yourselves to that process either!
    1018 karma
    LOL, @"Cant Get Right", but 'ang on a mo...
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I'm also not big on pre-phrasing for most question types
    What do you do in the space between reading the stimulus, then going into the ACs? My problem is that I'm justifying ACs, when my stimulus re-phrase/pre-phrase/anticipation AC needs work.

Maybe I don't know what pre-phrase means, or what it SHOULD mean in the LSAT's torture chamber.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    @ScooterMinion said:
    What do you do in the space between reading the stimulus, then going into the ACs? My problem is that I'm justifying ACs, when my stimulus re-phrase/pre-phrase/anticipation AC needs work.

Maybe I don't know what pre-phrase means, or what it SHOULD mean in the LSAT's torture chamber.
    Sometimes I do create a prephrase if it's an SA question or something. That's kind of special circumstances though. When I can do that, I go into hunt mode and just find the right answer, circle it, and move on immediately.

For most other question types--specifically things like NA, Strengthen, and Weaken--I spend the time between stimulus and answer choices solidifying my understanding of the argument. I want to confirm the conclusion, see the support structure of the argument, and consciously ID the terms of the argument. From there, I go into the answer choices with an open mind. This is particularly important for these question types. The test writers just have so much to work with. With Strengthen questions, for example, there's a million ways to strengthen most non-valid arguments and they can vary greatly in degree. That's why these are considered the hardest question types by many top scorers. They can just be so subtle. So when I'd attempt a prephrase on these, it was invariably wrong. When I don't see my prephrase, I panic. When I panic, I miss the question and worse--I waste lots of time. I found that by going in with a high level understanding of the terms and mechanics of the argument rather than a prephrase, I was much more likely to get the right answer and get it fast. I also feel like this approach makes me less susceptible to traps.