Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you improve in one month?

DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
edited December 2016 in General 760 karma
Hey everyone,
I am waiting for my December LSAT score and i just registered for the February LSAT just in case i don't get my target score. I've already applied to schools this cycle and they are all waiting for my december results. This question might be premature since I might have done well on my December LSAT but do you believe one can improve with only one month of studying? I would start studying after my score comes out if I fall short, which gives me January to February. I've finished the core curriculum. I think my main weakness may be the logic games section this past test. I genuinely have no clue what i got on that section but i'll be happy with a 70%. I felt like i was guessing a lot even though i felt adequately prepared for the logic games section and was looking forward to it after my 15 minute break. I honestly can't explain what went wrong. I did take a few days off of studying before my December test and i'm wondering if that had something to do with it. Generally, it's the RC section that gives me trouble. FYI, I have consistently scored my target score during practice tests, so I felt ready to write in December and i wasn't nervous or tired during test day. LG might have gone horribly wrong, i just don't know.

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Yes, though if you do worse than what your others scores suggest you should have done, you have the liberty of focusing more on solidifying your current range, rather than trying to bump up your score range.

I would definitely start studying now, however. You already know there's a chance you will want to retake. Don't waste the chance to perform better by taking off 3-4 weeks only to avoid possibly studying those few weeks for no reason (if you end up with a score you're happy with). Even having studied a few weeks more than you ended up having to do, I doubt you'll regret it whether your score is where you want it to be. And that risk is one you should take in favor of risking what may be valuable time for an impending retake.
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    @danielznelson said:
    I would definitely start studying now, however. You already know there's a chance you will want to retake.
    I agree with this 100%. If you find you don't have to retake then you only wasted 3-4 weeks on it. That's not a big loss compared to losing 3-4 weeks assuming you have to retake.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    @lawschoolstuff16 said:
    I agree with this 100%. If you find you don't have to retake then you only wasted 3-4 weeks on it. That's not a big loss compared to losing 3-4 weeks assuming you have to retake.
    Much more efficient way of putting it, haha.
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    @danielznelson said:
    Much more efficient way of putting it, haha.
    Just summarizing what you said! :)