Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many LG per day for fool proof

LsatChicLsatChic Member
in Logic Games 191 karma

Hello! So I'm fool proofing the LG bundles now, at first I was doing like 6-7 new per day. Now I'm finding that by the 3-4 new LG/day it's a mental drain & I didn't take into consideration the repeats. Does anyone have a good number of LG/daily that's realistic for daily routine while keeping up with RC & LR. I'm trying to finish them within 2 months. Any feedback will be really helpful :-)

Comments

• TimLSAT180TimLSAT180 Alum Member
    619 karma

So I thought of doing multiple a day, but the problem with that is that I forget the inferences that I learned on that day the next day. So, what I've been doing that is much more effective is focusing one one game section per PT each day. I would do it twice. First time without looking at JY's video and then doing it after watching JY's video. Then, I would do a new game section the next day but I would also do the game section I learned the day before just to make sure I know it for sure (and never get overconfident with LG cause I've messed up a couple times even if I learned it the day before). And I would do that particular game section a week from the day I first learned it. And I would also do it a month from the day I first learned it. And if you really really want to be sure, you can do it three months later. But I think if you do this for all of the games, you'll be in good shape in no time. Rushing through the LG bundle isn't really effective in my opinion. This also applies to RC and LR too. Take it slow and you'll get there :)

• Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma

@LsatChic fool-proofing the LG bundle took me more time than three months as I only managed to fool proof 2-3 LG games per day. Also keep in mind the repeats add up within a week. I think doing bundle while also drilling LR and RC is an excellent approach just make sure to memorize inferences and do not worry much about the number of games you do per day.

If you are studying LSAT full-time, it would be possible to fool-proof three games a day in the morning and drill some LR and RC in the afternoon, do not forget to take a break when you feel tired or burnt out. There is no point in doing it when you are not learning.

• Heart Shaped BoxHeart Shaped Box Alum Member
    edited January 2017 2426 karma

I think it depends on the difficulty of the game. Personally speaking, I would do 3 or 4 games per day for easier one, but only 1 or 2 a day for the hard ones. To me, the key is to achieve understanding during fool-proofing period, as opposed to quantity, so I wouldn't arbitrarily set a timeline, although I understand the value of that proposition. Truly mastering 50 games is better than rushing through 300. If a hard game takes me 3 days to really understand, then so be it. (I'm really slow tho lol) So yeah, I would say definitely quality over quantity at this point. Good luck!

• LsatChicLsatChic Member
    191 karma

@doohocho thank you for the info, great advice on just focusing on small amount per day. That's more effective I'm finding instead of rushing through them.

• LsatChicLsatChic Member
    191 karma

@"Not Ralph Nader" great advice on breaking up the games & the taking a break part sometimes I totally forget to take a break then later wonder why I'm so drained lol, Yes!! My repeat pile is huge so I'm going to slow down a bit. based on you & @"Heart Shaped Box" I'm seeing a comfortable number is 2-3/day easy & tougher ones 1-2/day. As @"Heart Shaped Box" mention it's better to master 50 than rush through 300 Thanks a ton :-)