Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultimate Plus Course

ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
edited February 2017 in General 1184 karma

Hello everyone,
I am new to the 7sage community currently taking the Premium Course. After wasting thousands of dollars on another course, and after taking a year off school I am putting all my effort and focus into taking the LSAT for June latest September. I am wondering if it is worth it to purchase the Ultimate Plus Course, as I am not quite comfortable doing only easy problem sets as everybody knows the LSAT is definitely not at all easy. My cold diagnostic is 137 as I did not attempt alot of questions due to the need to work on time management and 151 with blind review untimed and answering all the questions. I at least want to aim to get a 160 or 155 lowest on test day. Money is super tight but I know investing in education is priceless if it can open doors. Anybody find the Admissions package helpful? I would appreciate any insight.

Thank You,

Michelle

Comments

• draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma

I purchased the Ultimate + and was very happy with the added problem sets because I did feel it was necessary to expose myself to the more tough questions before hitting the PTs hard. I also started the admissions course and, even though I haven't finished going through it all, I've already found a great deal of value in what the admissions course offers. I definitely don't think you would regret going for the upgrade if your concern is value based. Best of luck!

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Hi Michelle. I was in a similar situation to yours. I'd spent money on practice books and mini courses which were helpful in the short-term but a poor investment in the long run because it burned a lot PTs. Now I'm in the Ultimate Plus. I'm happy with my purchase since the investment is quite small in comparison to Law School tuition and the curriculum seems to be very effective. My experience so far is all positive and I wish I had just used 7Sage from the beginning.

However, if money is tight, it may not matter how great of an investment Ultimate Plus is if the money to invest just isn't there. You may look into purchasing a less expensive package and upgrading later on.

Best of luck!

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    1184 karma

@draj0623 said:
    I purchased the Ultimate + and was very happy with the added problem sets because I did feel it was necessary to expose myself to the more tough questions before hitting the PTs hard. I also started the admissions course and, even though I haven't finished going through it all, I've already found a great deal of value in what the admissions course offers. I definitely don't think you would regret going for the upgrade if your concern is value based. Best of luck!

Thank you so much for your insight, I was up thinking about it all night and I think the exposure to harder questions and current test explanations is definitely beneficial. The admissions advice would also be very helpful.

1184 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    Hi Michelle. I was in a similar situation to yours. I'd spent money on practice books and mini courses which were helpful in the short-term but a poor investment in the long run because it burned a lot PTs. Now I'm in the Ultimate Plus. I'm happy with my purchase since the investment is quite small in comparison to Law School tuition and the curriculum seems to be very effective. My experience so far is all positive and I wish I had just used 7Sage from the beginning.

However, if money is tight, it may not matter how great of an investment Ultimate Plus is if the money to invest just isn't there. You may look into purchasing a less expensive package and upgrading later on.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much for your advice, I am thinking that the 400 dollars may feel tough now but I will be thankful when I am better prepared for the LSAT and applying for law school.

• texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma

Definitely get the ultimate plus if/when the finances become available. Considering all of the other resources out there, you probably can spend around 600 to 700 on exams and study material. The price of this, compared to some of the other crap they sell via Kaplan/ other programs, is relatively inexpensive. I also do believe that having a full question bank is essential to the study process.

1184 karma

@accountformerlyknowasvd1988 said:
    Definitely get the ultimate plus if/when the finances become available. Considering all of the other resources out there, you probably can spend around 600 to 700 on exams and study material. The price of this, compared to some of the other crap they sell via Kaplan/ other programs, is relatively inexpensive. I also do believe that having a full question bank is essential to the study process.

Thank you so much, I do know a great deal about spending money on crap so hearing such positive feedback is great!

• texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma

@"Michelle Juma" said:

Thank you so much, I do know a great deal about spending money on crap so hearing such positive feedback is great!

You and me both :)

I spent thousands on Kaplan the first time I took a swing at this exam. I have regretted it since.

1184 karma

@"Michelle Juma" said:

I spent thousands on Kaplan the first time I took a swing at this exam. I have regretted it since.

I feel ya,I spent 2,000 on a course that promised to make you Harvard Ready in 3 months, they made up their own questions and rushed through the material, needless to say that really discouraged me lol.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Hey Michelle, please either email me or let me know here when you upgrade. I'll be sure to add on the extra months you'll be missing since upgrading normally only gives you a +1 month extension ad opposed to the full time.

1184 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Hey Michelle, please either email me or let me know here when you upgrade. I'll be sure to add on the extra months you'll be missing since upgrading normally only gives you a +1 month extension ad opposed to the full time.

Hey Dillon, thank you for your offer I sent you a message, I went ahead and took a slight ding to the visa lol.

• VibrioVibrio Alum Member
    625 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" I didn't know this when I upgraded from Starter to Ultimate plus. I only blamed myself for not buying the Ultimate plus since the beginning. I later had to buy the 6 months extension. Can I still get back the months from the upgrade?

12637 karma

@Vibrio said:

@"Dillon A. Wright" I didn't know this when I upgraded from Starter to Ultimate plus. I only blamed myself for not buying the Ultimate plus since the beginning. I later had to buy the 6 months extension. Can I still get back the months from the upgrade?

Oh, sure! I just added a +1 year extension to your account.

@"Michelle Juma" said:

Hey Dillon, thank you for your offer I sent you a message, I went ahead and took a slight ding to the visa lol.

Thanks for letting me know, Michelle! I just extended your account for +10 months.

1184 karma

@Vibrio said:

Oh, sure! I just added a +1 year extension to your account.

@"Michelle Juma" said:

Thanks for letting me know, Michelle! I just extended your account for +10 months.

Thank you kindly!

• SherryS1SherryS1 Member
    477 karma

Michelle, you may have already made your decision but I thought I'd chime in with a plug for upgrading up to ultimate+ over time if you're concerned about the investment.

I went down this route and my experience was a good one. I didn't feel like I missed anything. I made the last upgrade for the explanations tied to PT 73+. I felt the 70s were a different ball game and I wanted to hear everything JY had to say on them :smile:

Either way, welcome to 7sage! I've found it to be such an incredible resource and hope you will too.

1184 karma

Hey Sherry, thank you so much for the insight . I knew I would regret it if I didn't sign up, especially with having access to explanations for the newer tests and doing harder questions which is showing me what I have to work on. Lets hope this pays off.

12637 karma

@SherryS1 said:
    Michelle, you may have already made your decision but I thought I'd chime in with a plug for upgrading up to ultimate+ over time if you're concerned about the investment.

I went down this route and my experience was a good one. I didn't feel like I missed anything. I made the last upgrade for the explanations tied to PT 73+. I felt the 70s were a different ball game and I wanted to hear everything JY had to say on them :smile:

Either way, welcome to 7sage! I've found it to be such an incredible resource and hope you will too.

Sherry! I just checked your account to make sure you had the full months after upgrading and you did not, so I also added a +1 year extension to your account. :)

Thanks for your kind words!

• SherryS1SherryS1 Member
    477 karma

@"Michelle Juma" said:
    Lets hope this pays off.

It totally will! :smile:

@"Dillon A. Wright" Thank you so much! That's so nice of you and 7sage.

12637 karma

@SherryS1 said:

@"Michelle Juma" said:
    Lets hope this pays off.

@"Dillon A. Wright" Thank you so much! That's so nice of you and 7sage.

No problem! :grin:

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

I have already spent a fortune on lsat prep for naught. I took the dec 16 test and did horribly. This time around I got the powerscore bibles and supplement materials and did their crash course. In the midst of all this I found 7Sage. I wish I found this from the start. I'm going to purchase the ultimate course some time in March and plan to sit for the June test for my last attempt at the lsat. Even using the free resources my understanding has increased exponentially so I know June I'm gonna to nail the LSAT! Good luck, girly!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@ undoubtedly said:
    I have already spent a fortune on lsat prep for naught. I took the dec 16 test and did horribly. This time around I got the powerscore bibles and supplement materials and did their crash course. In the midst of all this I found 7Sage. I wish I found this from the start. I'm going to purchase the ultimate course some time in March and plan to sit for the June test for my last attempt at the lsat. Even using the free resources my understanding has increased exponentially so I know June I'm gonna to nail the LSAT! Good luck, girly!

I'm sorry to hear that! I felt similarly defeated before beginning 7Sage. Once I used the free LG videos I knew the JY the instructor/founder was going to be able to successfully break this test down for me. I don't think I was capable of doing anything beyond simple sequencing games and most of LR before 7Sage. The ULT+ with all the extra problem sets/question bank is also undoubtedly worth it as stated above!

1184 karma

@cskent329 said:

Thank you same to you!

1184 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@ undoubtedly said:

I'm sorry to hear that! I felt similarly defeated before beginning 7Sage. Once I used the free LG videos I knew the JY the instructor/founder was going to be able to successfully break this test down for me. I don't think I was capable of doing anything beyond simple sequencing games and most of LR before 7Sage. The ULT+ with all the extra problem sets/question bank is also undoubtedly worth it as stated above!

Thank you for your insight, I definitely feel confident about my purchase and doing the harder questions is definitely beneficial.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Hey Welcome to the Ult.+ family!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Ae7SI3LoPYj8Q/giphy.gif

I too wasted lots of money on other prep companies so I can confirm you will be making the right choice by joining 7sage and making the wisest choice by getting the ult.+ pack.

12637 karma

@cskent329 said:
    I'm going to purchase the ultimate course some time in March and plan to sit for the June test for my last attempt at the lsat.

I really wouldn't suggest picking up the Ultimate course if you're only going to be using it for that small amount of time. You'll get completely overloaded with everything you have to go through and probably try to skip things, which I 100% don't recommend. If you're sticking with that plan, pick up the LSAT Starter and then upgrade when you want to start PTing, otherwise it'll just be really hectic for you.

1184 karma

@"montaha.rizeq" said:

I too wasted lots of money on other prep companies so I can confirm you will be making the right choice by joining 7sage and making the wisest choice by getting the ult.+ pack.

Awwh so welcoming , thank you very much! Wolf of Wall Street has to be one of my all time fav movies too :smile:

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@"Michelle Juma" said:

@"montaha.rizeq" said:

Awwh so welcoming , thank you very much! Wolf of Wall Street has to be one of my all time fav movies too :smile:

Haha, yep great movie! Gotta love DiCaprio <3

1184 karma

@"montaha.rizeq" said:

@"Michelle Juma" said:

@"montaha.rizeq" said:

Haha, yep great movie! Gotta love DiCaprio <3

Yes Indeed by far my fav actor !

• AuroraA1AuroraA1 Free Trial Member
    26 karma

@"Michelle Juma" said:

@"Michelle Juma" said:

I feel ya,I spent 2,000 on a course that promised to make you Harvard Ready in 3 months, they made up their own questions and rushed through the material, needless to say that really discouraged me lol.

Hi Michelle. Did you take Harvard Ready in toronto? if so how was the course compared to 7sage? How was the experience of attending classes each week in person compared to studying online? thanks

• mishka15mishka15 Alum Member
    25 karma

After reading this I decided to upgrade to Ultimate + too!

edited November 2019 12637 karma

@HennaC15 said:
    After reading this I decided to upgrade to Ultimate + too!

Thanks for sharing, Henna! I added time to your account so you had the full duration included after upgrading. :)

edited February 2017 1184 karma

Hi Michelle. Did you take Harvard Ready in toronto? if so how was the course compared to 7sage? How was the experience of attending classes each week in person compared to studying online? thanks

Sorry just seeing this as I am taking the week off due to strep and the flu. I did take it when I lived in Toronto. I didn't really enjoy the course, although the instructors were nice the material was extremely rushed through and we went into timed sections before the material was really understood. With 7sage I actually feel like I understand what I am doing and when I make mistakes I understand why. J.Y breaks things down in a way that makes concepts click. 7sage gives me hope that I can survive the beast called the LSAT and live to tell the tale after tons of practice of course. In terms of in course vs online course I am the type who can study in person and online if they material is presented well so it depends on you as a person. I am finding 7sage's online course way more beneficial than Harvard Ready, since I work full time I set my own schedule and I get to learn without dealing with Toronto traffic so that is a plus. I really wasted money with Harvard Ready and didn't gain anything with the money I spent. With 7sage,so far I have no regrets.I hope I answered all your questions :smile: