Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review Methodology

pbenjamin57pbenjamin57 Alum Member
in General 112 karma

I have a question about BR method. I have been BR'ing every single question on all four sections of my pt's since starting working on pt's (I've done about 8 pt's so far). When I do a BR, I write out why each answer choice is either right/wrong.
This process take a lot of time to fully complete a full BR. I've seen modest improvements on my scores (10 point increase from my original 147 score on my diagnostic), but is this cumbersome method efficient and productive? Should I be only picking particular questions to BR? How does everyone else BR?

Comments

• SamiSami Yearly + Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10801 karma

@pbenjamin57 said:
    I have a question about BR method. I have been BR'ing every single question on all four sections of my pt's since starting working on pt's (I've done about 8 pt's so far). When I do a BR, I write out why each answer choice is either right/wrong.
    This process take a lot of time to fully complete a full BR. I've seen modest improvements on my scores (10 point increase from my original 147 score on my diagnostic), but is this cumbersome method efficient and productive? Should I be only picking particular questions to BR? How does everyone else BR?

Hey for Blind Review is for questions that you circled during timed test because you had difficulty with them. You don't have to review every single question for blind review. If you do that, you are defeating the process of seeing your overconfident and under-confident errors which is one of the essential elements that will give you speed and confident during a timed test.

You can simply review all the other question you did not circle during timed test later at a much faster pace. This is because you are 95-100% confident about these questions and you shouldn't need to spend that much time on it.

But at this point in you prep, since you are just starting out and have only done 8 PT's it's completely normal to take a long time to review. In fact that's a good thing because you are making sure that you are learning all the lessons you need before you move on to the next PT. And the score will increase, in the beginning it just takes a while so don't fret. Just keep doing a good blind review and the required review on your weaknesses. : )

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma

Agreed with @Sami . BR is meant for questions you couldn't answer with confidence. If you want to review the ones you got right, that's okay, but it's a different exercise from BR.

All I'd add is to make sure in your BR that you're not just writing out your reasoning for the answer choices. In addition to that, make sure you are doing a logical and grammatical breakdown of the stimuli in LR, fool proofing the setup in LG, and breaking down the passage structure in RC.