Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

White Noise for Loud, Distracting Study Environments

extramediumextramedium Alum Member
edited April 2017 in General 419 karma

Found this earlier and it's working quite well so far. I've been dealing with birds and landscapers for the last couple days, and I know I'm not the only one with this problem.

But if any hunters want to come deal with the bird that flies in to my windowpane at 3PM everyday, feel free to swing by. Very bizarre, annoying phenomenon.

Comments

• Colin1485Colin1485 Member
    108 karma

Ornithology is the new thing nowadays, so I heard but study distractions stink! I have some pigeons on the roof of my apt building who like to make noise every afternoon too & downstairs a yipping little dog - very annoying! Occasionally, I use a LectroFan Jr. - purchased it off of amazon.. works awesome - I also use it for sleeping at night. Drowns out a lot of noise. Not too expensive either.

• extramediumextramedium Alum Member
    419 karma

Oh how I'd love to have one of those machines. Dogs are the worst, but these birds sound like a car alarm after it rains. Never knew I hated nature so much.

@Colin1485 said:
    Ornithology is the new thing nowadays,

Did you hear this in Brooklyn or Portland? Sounds like their kind of thing.

• Colin1485Colin1485 Member
    108 karma

LOL I think it was actually on the uk dailymail news website - but was in a recent cbs segment (queue the random link) -

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/01/17/birdwatching-soars-in-popularity-with-help-from-smartphone-apps/

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

MY grandmother's friend growing up was so into bird watching/ornithology. This was in the late 90s though and I wonder if she is still around bird watching. Seems like a serene and peaceful hobby though.

419 karma

@Colin1485 said:
    LOL I think it was actually on the uk dailymail news website - but was in a recent cbs segment (queue the random link) -

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/01/17/birdwatching-soars-in-popularity-with-help-from-smartphone-apps/

Weird. I guess it's better than Pokemon.

• allanisraelallanisrael Alum Member
    98 karma

I like this ..

• xtrfalconxtrfalcon Alum Member
    148 karma

Thanks for this! Perfect for starbucks.

419 karma

Found another one here. I couldn't tell if I was hallucinating (side effect of bipolar), but when I cranked the other one up, I could swear I heard a siren on loop about every 5 minutes. It worked for my PT on Friday, but I didn't start noticing until Saturday.

@allanisrael said:
    I like this ..

Good. Hope it helps.

@xtrfalcon said:
    Thanks for this! Perfect for starbucks.

I can imagine. It works wonders with ear buds. Props to you for even being able to study there.

Two worst things about Starbucks noise for me:

Job interviews for companies that barely exist. You know this because they're holding interviews at a Starbucks. Sad!

And web start-up guys jacked up on caffeine and yelling about their ill-considered business plan, usually some dumb app.

Top it off, there was once a guy a foot away from me cursing on his phone about his business partner going on a cocaine and adderral binge. Some weird people in that place. Not saying I'm not one of them though.