Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Approach to extra practice without question bank

paul1234paul1234 Core Member
in General 27 karma

Hi Everyone!

So I just got 7sage and it's really wonderful, but I only got the starter pack that gives me limited access to the question bank. I do have PT 52-61 as a book that I could use as extra practice and I was wondering what my approach should be? For example, I just finished Main Conclusion videos and did the 5 problems at the end, but should I also do the MC problems in my book or wait until I've learned a few different question types and then do varied practice? Also, if I do them is there a way for me to mark whether I got the answers right or wrong in the Analytics section without completing an entire test?

Comments

• Colin1485Colin1485 Member
    edited April 2017 108 karma

Hey Paulina and welcome!

I'm kinda in the same boat, with purchasing just the starter program. What has worked for me, try to finish all the 7sage course work available before hitting up the question bank. During the week, maybe take a PT. For work throughs on LR /RC sections, I use the Manhattan prep lsat prep forum for assistance (it's free) on practice tests. The vids for the logic games should be available on youtube for the 7sage logic games for all the prep tests.

By using the vids and forums, figure out what you missed and redo the question. Repetition and understanding "the why of what makes a question right" is key (especially on the Reasoning and logic games section). Get to know your strengths and weaknesses; Work on Logic games everyday; Eventually after taking about 5 pretests, integrate time limits - so you get use to the time element. Also having a good skipping strategy improves your score on this timed test. Amazon sells the 10 actual bundles - 42-51, 52-61,62-71. You may want to buy some of the earlier versions before getting into the 52 one.. Depending on what your goals are, you could possibly burn through all your PTs but typically most the people I've met who've scored well, did not have that problem. After about 30 prep test's you may be comfortable for the test. Started out in the high 140s; Currently, I am in the high 150s/ low 160s on my pretest taking - My goal is to be consistently score mid to high 160s before June. Dedicating full time study to the test.

Good luck!

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Bumping this so more people can see! (Holiday weekend so replies may be low.)

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

You definitely do not want to be looking at tests from the 50+ range. Save them for full length PTs and use PTs from 35 and below for drilling material. The more recent tests are more valuable and so you don't want to cannibalize them for drills while there is older material available to you.

• imharrisimharris Alum Member
    466 karma

also... complete the core curriculum before you start prep-testing! you have a finite number of prep-tests available and you don't want to waste them on drilling. i found this webinar about test-prep very helpful when i was in the middle of the curriculum and going crazy with eager anticipation to start prep-testing: https://7sage.com/webinar/lsat-prep-for-170-plus/

• paul1234paul1234 Core Member
    27 karma

Thank you guys!!! I got a 151 on my diagnostic and I am taking the June test so I just want to be as prepared as possible.