Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Printing logic games.

KillmongerKillmonger Alum Member
in Logic Games 332 karma

For some reason whenever I print out a Practice Test, RC and LR print out fine. The print is visible in those 2 sections. Dark and very clear. But the LG section is always very light and thinly printed. I can barely read it. Whether i print them out individually or as a whole section or the whole test. On chrome and on safari This doesn't happen whenever i print out the problem sets from the lesson, but only for the logic games from a PT. Anyone else have this problem? And how can i fix this?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Hey,

I think the staff is aware and working on it. I noticed mine were a tiny bit lighter, but they are certainly readable.

Here is what JY recently recommended in a thread: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/70827

I think it has to do with the transition to the new drm-protected e-doc format.

• KillmongerKillmonger Alum Member
    332 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Hey,

I think the staff is aware and working on it. I noticed mine were a tiny bit lighter, but they are certainly readable.

Here is what JY recently recommended in a thread: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/70827

Thanks broseph!

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Mine have always printed fine, but I just moved and am using a new printer. My first attempt at printing an LG section and the font is much smaller than usual; no issues with the darkness though.

@"Dillon A. Wright"

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"marvin.dike" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Hey,

Thanks broseph!

No problem, bro. I invested in good Brother printer and use Chrome. My edocs have been printing super clean :)

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    Mine have always printed fine, but I just moved and am using a new printer. My first attempt at printing an LG section and the font is much smaller than usual; no issues with the darkness though.

@"Dillon A. Wright"

Is this just on the LG pages or the entire PT?

5320 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" i haven't tried printing the entire PT

12637 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright" i haven't tried printing the entire PT

What PT did you print?

5320 karma

What PT did you print?

I've printed dozens from within the bundle on my new printer since last week and they have each had the same font issue

12637 karma

@jkatz1488 said:

What PT did you print?

I've printed dozens from within the bundle on my new printer since last week and they have each had the same font issue

Hmm, I think it might be a setting in your printer... I just printed out a few games from the bundle and the font is the same size as a regular PT. :/

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@jkatz1488 said:

What PT did you print?

Hmm, I think it might be a setting in your printer... I just printed out a few games from the bundle and the font is the same size as a regular PT. :/

What kind of printer are you using @jkatz1488 ?

I use a Brother MFC-J480DW Color Inkjet All-in-One Printer w/ Chrome on a Mac and I have no had any issues. I also have it on whatever the default settings were as well. Perhaps yours may be a setting issue?

5320 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" @"Alex Divine"

In the past ive been using HP 6978 and no issues. Now using HP 6968 after my move and so begins these challenges. Oddly, I restarted my computer and the font size returned to normal, but the alignment was s screwy. I'm done studying for the day so i play with the printer again tomorrow.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright" @"Alex Divine"

In the past ive been using HP 6978 and no issues. Now using HP 6968 after my move and so begins these challenges. Oddly, I restarted my computer and the font size returned to normal, but the alignment was s screwy. I'm done studying for the day so i play with the printer again tomorrow.

Ahh sorry to hear it, brother. Technical problems suck but at least youre done for the day.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Checking in with printing issues :(

12637 karma

@Sprinkles said:

Elaborate?

5320 karma

The bundle still gives me issues but it's not a huge deal. The font is small but I can read it fine. Every other page is misaligned but no information is cut off. I've googled and checked the settings. I am printing from chrome. I've printed other documents without issue.

One thing that I noticed is the eDoc reviewer (the actual pane within the bundle from which we can skip to a certain page number) seems to have changed since last week. It just looks different. The navigation pane used to be at the top and now it's at the bottom, for example.

12637 karma

Yeah, that's the difference between the html5 viewer and the flash viewer. Chrome should use flash, but it's swapped to the html5 viewer for me since the other day. Not sure why...

@jkatz1488 can you PM me a picture of how the pages look?

5320 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" sent.

I just printed without any margins and that corrected the font issue but worsened the alignment issue. The font is perfect now, but the section number is cut off on every other page.

12637 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright" sent.

I just printed without any margins and that corrected the font issue but worsened the alignment issue. The font is perfect now, but the section number is cut off on every other page.

I printed the same PTs as you did and did not have the margin issue you mentioned... Is your paper in the printer straight? Do you have that little slidey thing that keeps the paper in place? It really looks like either your printer is taking in the paper wrong or the paper itself is crooked when filtered in.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@Sprinkles said:

Elaborate?

Fixed. Turns out it was the printer I was using.

edited July 2017 5320 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright"

I printed the same PTs as you did and did not have the margin issue you mentioned... Is your paper in the printer straight? Do you have that little slidey thing that keeps the paper in place? It really looks like either your printer is taking in the paper wrong or the paper itself is crooked when filtered in.

My printer only seems to have an issue with the bundle. I can print from other online sources, from word docs, and copies without issue. I just spend 2 hours with HP support where they checked hardware and software; reinstalled the drives and ran tests. They couldn't find an issue and believe it must be specific to 7Sage.

Don't really know where to go from here.

12637 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright"

My printer only seems to have an issue with the bundle. I can print from other online sources, from word docs, and copies without issue. I just spend 2 hours with HP support where they checked hardware and software; reinstalled the drives and ran tests. They couldn't find an issue and believe it must be specific to 7Sage.

Don't really know where to go from here.

That's really strange, I'm sorry. :/

Can you link the specific bundle so I can try printing it a few times again?