Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about Blind Review

I just want to make sure I'm doing blind review correctly. Essentially, I should be going through the questions three times, yes? First under timed conditions. Second, going through the circled questions under untimed conditions. Finally a third time going through the questions to solidify my reasoning for the questions I either missed or stayed the same during blind review.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@deliciousfizzydrink said:
    I just want to make sure I'm doing blind review correctly. Essentially, I should be going through the questions three times, yes? First under timed conditions. Second, going through the circled questions under untimed conditions. Finally a third time going through the questions to solidify my reasoning for the questions I either missed or stayed the same during blind review.

So, not exactly. In short, you want to do the test, problem set, or timed section. Circle any and all you are not 100% certain you have gotten correct.

Next, before you look up any answers, go back and review the ones you have circled. It means to carefully go over your reasoning, since it’s still fresh in your mind. Make sure you understand the rationale and reasoning that makes that answer right and the rationale and reasoning that makes each of the other four answers wrong. One of your goals is to make sure you are practicing and getting better at traveling down both paths to the correct answer choice.

I would also suggest doing clean copy blind review wherein you could use an unmarked copy of the test to review.

For a more in-depth look at blind review, check out the lesson from the CC on BR: https://7sage.com/lesson/the-blind-review-is-a-habit/

• edited June 2017 34 karma

Okay thank you. Yea I went through the videos to make sure I was doing it correctly. The clean copy blind review seems like a good idea, I think I'll start doing that as well.

• ErlingRoaldErlingRoald Alum Member
    48 karma

@"Alex Divine" do I circle the "not 100%" during the test? When I took my first diagnostic, I did not, and I found myself going through the questions and responses again to determine if, at the time I was taking the test, I felt 100% certain. This resulted in spending some time going through the questions, to some extent, similar to the second part of Blind Review.

Off subject: do you circle your answers on the test sheet and then fill in the answer sheet at the end? Or fill them on the answer sheet while you are doing the test?

Thank you!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@ErlingRoald said:
    @"Alex Divine" do I circle the "not 100%" during the test? When I took my first diagnostic, I did not, and I found myself going through the questions and responses again to determine if, at the time I was taking the test, I felt 100% certain. This resulted in spending some time going through the questions, to some extent, similar to the second part of Blind Review.

Off subject: do you circle your answers on the test sheet and then fill in the answer sheet at the end? Or fill them on the answer sheet while you are doing the test?

Thank you!

Yes, circle any questions you are not 100% sure about during the actual timed PTs.

Re: Circling answers. I actually fill in the answer sheet differently depending on which section it is. For LR, I bubble the answers in after every 2 pages. For LG, I bubble in after every game. And for RC, I bubble in after every passage.

There is no "right" way to fill in the answer sheet, but I find that the way I do it takes advantage of natural inflection points, such as bubbling in after each game, passage, or when I'm going to turn the page to another 2 pages of LR questions.