Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling to learn RC?

navilsatnavilsat Alum Member

Hey everyone,

I have just started to add RC into my prep. So far I have drilled about 4 RC sections without keeping a strict time clock (i.e., I give myself about 8-11 mins on each passage) and I typically get -1 to 0 on each full section.

My question is, should I keep drilling RC sections as my only way to learn RC? Or is it safer to use additional prep material (e.g., the LSAT trainer) before drilling sections further?

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@navilsat said:
    Hey everyone,

I have just started to add RC into my prep. So far I have drilled about 4 RC sections without keeping a strict time clock (i.e., I give myself about 8-11 mins on each passage) and I typically get -1 to 0 on each full section.

My question is, should I keep drilling RC sections as my only way to learn RC? Or is it safer to use additional prep material (e.g., the LSAT trainer) before drilling sections further?

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

I think you're doing great so far with the time you are giving yourself. I would certainly go through some sort of curriculum be it 7Sage, The LSAT Trainer, or MLSAT to get some structure and strategy before continuing to just drill.

Great work so far though!

• navilsatnavilsat Alum Member
    96 karma

@"Alex Divine" thank you Alex! I think i will look at the trainer before moving forward.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited July 2017 23929 karma

@navilsat said:
    @"Alex Divine" thank you Alex! I think i will look at the trainer before moving forward.

Sounds like a great plan! I think you'll find it helpful. Also MLSAT RC was quite helpful for me too insofar as my strategy attacking the questions on the RC passages. They both basically teach you to read for structure.

Good luck!