Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling???

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member

How do you drill?
What do you drill?

Just wondering what qualifies as a prerequisite for drilling

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Drilling is really just focusing on one type of problem or one type of game. I'd say it's where you learn the mechanics of the questions.

For example with NA questions, in a drill, you really want to tune yourself to finding the argument. Once you've found it, then focus on the support and gaps. You also want to make sure you understand the negation techinque and what trick answers look like.

Another thing that I personally do when I drill is put different types of questions next to each other and hit them in succession. I have found that the way my mind looks at a NA is not the same way I look at a MSS or Flaw. By hitting them back to back my mind gets use to the gymnastics it has to preform from question type to question type. This sort of question gear shifting takes a decent amount of practice to atune to.

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Ditto to what @LSATcantwin said. Although, I will also add that if a particular question type is a problem, I'll do sets of five of that question type in a row (while timing myself--but not worrying about getting a specific mark, just tracking). I also do individual sections of LRs, stopping after I answer each question (and mark down whether I have 100 percent certainty on it or not) to mark the exact time it took me to read and answer it. I'll also do this in chunks of 5 or 10 questions (which is closer to what you do in actual timed sections) in a row while shooting to finish those increments in a certain time. Cheers--A.c.S

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Drilling is just doing sets of the same type of question.