Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Test date Dilemma - 7Sage Forum

Test date Dilemma

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
in General 1723 karma

So i already took a test in December and decided to retake. I am currently PTing around 167ish and i am shooting for a 170+ the regular test deadline is august 2nd. I dont know if i should sign up or not. I dont mind retaking in december. The reason i am not pushing off till december mainly is due to nerves. What if i sit for december and freak out? I have already pushed off a cycle so no matter what i am appying for fall 2018. I have no qualms of studying till December but i worry that my nerves will get to me. If i take in September at least i have another shot after if my nerves do get to me. Thoughts?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    So i already took a test in December and decided to retake. I am currently PTing around 167ish and i am shooting for a 170+ the regular test deadline is august 2nd. I dont know if i should sign up or not. I dont mind retaking in december. The reason i am not pushing off till december mainly is due to nerves. What if i sit for december and freak out? I have already pushed off a cycle so no matter what i am appying for fall 2018. I have no qualms of studying till December but i worry that my nerves will get to me. If i take in September at least i have another shot after if my nerves do get to me. Thoughts?

Hmm...If you're set on applying for Fall 2018, I think it would probably be best to sign up for September, and set a date by which if you are not scoring where you want, you will cancel your plans of taking the test. So I would tell myself if I'm not ready by, say, August 15th I will cancel my plans of sitting in September. You'll lose out on a bit of money, but I think it's worth it not to have a score you're not proud of on your application.