Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice for test date for 2022 start date goal?

lobell79lobell79 Alum Member
in General 146 karma

Is there a great disadvantage to taking the November test? Probably the soonest I could be ready. Obviously not early.
Not through cc yet.
Goal score 160
Diagnostic 150
Cannot do October.
Strong GPA
I am a non traditional, (very much older student), applying only to 2 hybrid programs.
Both have said this date is OK, but I'd like to hear from this community.
Many thanks.

Comments

• TE CSC 2021TE CSC 2021 Core Member
    148 karma

In my opinion, the ideal time to take the test is when you are ready (i.e. scoring slightly above your target score). That could very well be November, but it might be later. I would suspect that the programs you're applying to are much more flexible on timing than someone going for the more traditional route, so a later test should be fine.

And by the way, nice to see a fellow old(er) person out here in LSAT land :)

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@lobell79 said:
    Is there a great disadvantage to taking the November test?

No. Especially now, with an expected competitiveness and slower start to the upcoming cycle. I would say a January score is when you would see significant effects of a "late" app, but even then, if thats what it took to get a higher score, it would have been worth it.

• lobell79lobell79 Alum Member
    146 karma

@triumpheducation828
    Many Thanks for your thoughts. AND meeting another oldster! As an aside, went looking to connect with others, couldn't find any senior citizens - must chuckle at finding self reported 'old' in the 30- 40 range. Yes, these are ages outside the bell curve and certainly sharing demands of family, jobs, etc., but it definitely gave me perspective.
    Now you are going to tell me you are 30!
    May your work and dedication get you the school and the score you want. Please feel free to connect again if you wish for another 'oldster''s support.

• dawgslaw123dawgslaw123 Alum Member
    138 karma

Depends if you want to apply this cycle or not. Applying earlier can make a big difference in your chances at better schools. All that said, you should not take the test until you feel ready and there's nothing wrong with applying the cycle after this one (and that cycle will be less competitive most likely)

146 karma

@canihazJD
    Many thanks for your thoughts and consideration. I've noted your helpful communication sprinkled around the forum. I trust it.
    In response to your comment regarding the competitiveness for 2022 - am I correct in understanding that it will continue to be more so?
    Many thanks

146 karma

@jvlaw123
    Thank you! Truly appreciate your thoughts. I have only 2 hybrid options to consider, not able to do it any other way.
    Excellent advice, best of luck.
    Thanks!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@lobell79 said:
    @canihazJD
    Many thanks for your thoughts and consideration. I've noted your helpful communication sprinkled around the forum. I trust it.
    In response to your comment regarding the competitiveness for 2022 - am I correct in understanding that it will continue to be more so?
    Many thanks

I think the general consensus is that it will be a bit less competitive than this cycle, but still worse than last cycle. Check out Spivey's lates podcast with Dave Killoran on this topic.