Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regression during prep

fmihalic2fmihalic2 Free Trial Member
in General 266 karma

Hey all,

About 3 weeks I was at the point of exhaustion with my LSAT prep so I took a big, huge 10 day break some basically all things LSAT. I reviewed some LR questions most days or did a few games, but I wasn't REALLY prepping for the test. I started prep in December 2016 very heavy on games, learned the basics of LR during the spring semester and the night my semester ended, I hit the CC.

At the time of my break, I was a bet for -2/-3 on each LR, -1 or -2 on games and an atrocious RC of -9/-10...all in all about a 167 give or take. After the break, my pt's have been about -4 for each LR, -2 for games (although yesterday I bombed games in pt 67 with a -5...and even more atrocious -11/-12 in RC. This leaves me at a 162-164...depending on the test.

Has this happened to anyone else? How did you get back to your earlier form?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

I always seem to see a bump after a break actually.

Can you elaborate on your study strategies more broadly? How do you study?

• fmihalic2fmihalic2 Free Trial Member
    266 karma

@"Cant Get Right"

Ive seen a jump at the beginning but just lately I see the dropoff.

Since finishing the CC I've just been doing PTs and drilling games at times.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

How's your BR scores?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@fmihalic2 said:
    Hey all,

About 3 weeks I was at the point of exhaustion with my LSAT prep so I took a big, huge 10 day break some basically all things LSAT. I reviewed some LR questions most days or did a few games, but I wasn't REALLY prepping for the test. I started prep in December 2016 very heavy on games, learned the basics of LR during the spring semester and the night my semester ended, I hit the CC.

At the time of my break, I was a bet for -2/-3 on each LR, -1 or -2 on games and an atrocious RC of -9/-10...all in all about a 167 give or take. After the break, my pt's have been about -4 for each LR, -2 for games (although yesterday I bombed games in pt 67 with a -5...and even more atrocious -11/-12 in RC. This leaves me at a 162-164...depending on the test.

Has this happened to anyone else? How did you get back to your earlier form?

I think a 5 point variation between tests isn't that unusual, especially being that you just got back from a break. Like @"Cant Get Right" I usually see a bit of a bump after a break, but I definitely warm up and do some drilling before jumping right back into full PTs.

How do your BR scores compare before and after the break? I think here is where the answer lies...