Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

16 more tests to take

tn7sagertn7sager Alum Member
in General 68 karma

I have taken PT J07, 36,37,38,52,60. I have only enough time for 16 more tests. Which should I take before the September LSAT?

Comments

• The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma

Respectfully.

Why are you trying to take 16 tests in 5-6 weeks?

I ask Bc it seems like a bit much. Are you still able to BR at that pace ?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tn7sager said:
    I have taken PT J07, 36,37,38,52,60. I have only enough time for 16 more tests. Which should I take before the September LSAT?

16 tests in that short a time period isn't recommended. I would stick to 1-2 per week. I would suggest doing the most recent tests, maybe try to fit in 72-80?. Taking tons of PTs in a short period of time won't help as much as much as good BR and drilling weaknesses on timed sections.

Remember, PTs are just diagnostics, or snap shots of your skills and weaknesses at a specific time. They aren't necessarily where we should aim to do the bulk of our learning and improvement. That's why we BR and drill!

If you haven't done much of PTs 60-80 you might even consider postponing until December.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

If you are getting scores close to where you want, I would personally suggest doing one a week, but do every other test ending on the latest one (so 72, 74, 76, 78, and 80). This way you leave yourself a good sampling of later tests to take in the run up to a future test if you don't score as well as you'd like in September.

Thankfully I got a little lazy studying for June and left a few to use for September or I'd feel really unprepared.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

the most recent ones.

I think 16 is too much for the next few weeks, but do ones that are 70+

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I am taking the 15 most recent tests over the next couple weeks as long as the June one is released. It depends if this is your first take, you are not sure, or it will be your last take. I already took and have a 172 in the bank from February and the school year coming up, so I am not concerned about burning through the recent tests.

Either Sept 16 is my last test or I might retake again with minimal prep in between and applications already submitted in December.

Are you near or above your goal? If so, you should use the most recent and best tests since you probably won't need to retake.

Are you a high LSAT splitter applying this cycle before Northwestern, Harvard, and who knows how many schools replace us with people who have high GPA's and GRE scores? If you are, you have two more shots, September and December. If you are not certain you are where you need to be, save about half the newest tests for your December prep.

If you have a high GPA, are willing to wait a cycle of needed, and don't have an LSAT near your goal then be careful not to burn too many of the newest tests. But, you probably should wait to take in this circumstance.

If you take the burning out fear seriously, do some of the very newest tests first. But 16 tests is still less than a test every other day right now. That seems unlikely to burn you out, alone. The question is whether you need to drill alongside those PT's and blind reviews. That could burn you out.