Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updating School Applications

AidoeAidoe Free Trial Member
edited August 2017 in General 236 karma

So I heard some schools prefer applicants to apply once as opposed to updating their application with a second LSAT score for reconsideration of admission. Does anybody know anything about this? I'm considering this for my September/ December prospects as I decide whether to apply to schools after receiving my September score, and potentially updating my application with a December score, or just taking September and December and waiting until my December score to apply.

Also, it seems to me that updating your application with a score is more appropriate for scholarship as opposed to admission prospects. Is this the case?

Comments

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I am very curious about this as well. Any input from the community of geniuses would be appreciated!

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

Definitely curious. No answers. But bookmarking this.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

to my knowledge, if you are registered for a future LSAT then I don't think schools actually look at your app and make a decision about you until that LSAT score is in. I'm not 100% on this, but I could've sworn I read this multiple times on TLS.

also, generally yes, people submit another LSAT score for scholarship purposes. Which is why lots of people ask if they can do that for the June test, which you can do but doesn't always guarantee anything.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Aidoe said:
    So I heard some schools prefer applicants to apply once as opposed to updating their application with a second LSAT score for reconsideration of admission. Does anybody know anything about this? I'm considering this for my September/ December prospects as I decide whether to apply to schools after receiving my September score, and potentially updating my application with a December score, or just taking September and December and waiting until my December score to apply.

Also, it seems to me that updating your application with a score is more appropriate for scholarship as opposed to admission prospects. Is this the case?

I don't necessarily think schools prefer those who don't update their applications -- at least I've never read any info stating that. I think @TheMikey is correct in that if you are registered for anything LSAT then schools will sometimes hold your app. You can also note this in your app to make sure that they know.

As far as updating for admissions vs. scholarship purposes it largely depends on when you take the LSAT. If you're taking in Sept or Dec likely these are better for admissions purposes rather then February or June due to most schools having already filled most seats by then.

• apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    696 karma

Depends on the school in many cases. Never harmful to just call them and directly ask.