Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weakening problem sets, do they get harder as you go on?

jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member

Hello fellow 7sagers!

I have been just finished some of the problem sets for Weakening questions and have done 5 problem sets so far. I have gotten them all correct so far except for a total of three questions wrong.

I also did fairly well on the Most Strongly Supported questions, however again, I only completed up to problem set 8.

I was just wondering if the problem sets get harder as you go on? Since I have been getting the first couple problem sets correct so far, I feel like I can go on to the next question type but I don't want to do this if I have only exposed myself to the 'easier' problem sets. I plan on saving the rest of the problem sets to as I go on with the Core curriculum just so I can refresh my memory and keep the strategy for each question type "fresh."

Is this a good strategy so far?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hello fellow 7sagers!

I have been just finished some of the problem sets for Weakening questions and have done 5 problem sets so far. I have gotten them all correct so far except for a total of three questions wrong.

I also did fairly well on the Most Strongly Supported questions, however again, I only completed up to problem set 8.

I was just wondering if the problem sets get harder as you go on? Since I have been getting the first couple problem sets correct so far, I feel like I can go on to the next question type but I don't want to do this if I have only exposed myself to the 'easier' problem sets. I plan on saving the rest of the problem sets to as I go on with the Core curriculum just so I can refresh my memory and keep the strategy for each question type "fresh."

Is this a good strategy so far?

Yes, the problem sets are broken into easy, medium, and hard. Since you have ultimate + you have them all!

I think saving some is a great strategy. You may also want to consider saving some for when you are in your PT phase. I know I often return to do targeted drilling after many of my PTs to work on question types I'm not 100% good on.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Yup! With the basic CC plan, you get only the easiest questions. As you upgrade, the additional questions get harder.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

yup! same with the other question type too

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

@tringo335 @TheMikey @"Alex Divine"

Is it bad that I am doing worse on four star and five star questions but I have been getting all the others correct(ie. 1/2/3 star) ? Is it safe to move on to the next question type and save the harder question types/problem sets for drilling when I start doing PT's?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@jennybbbbb said:

Is it bad that I am doing worse on four star and five star questions but I have been getting all the others correct(ie. 1/2/3 star) ? Is it safe to move on to the next question type and save the harder question types/problem sets for drilling when I start doing PT's?

is it bad? no, not at all. that's why they are the harder ones, because they're created to be missed by lots of people, so don't feel bad.

Tbh though, IMO, if you can get good at harder questions then you're basically set because the easier questions will be a joke to you. So I'd personally say don't skip out of them, but if you do, at least go back to them eventually!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:

I'd probably address whatever is causing you to miss the harder questions. Try to review the lesson and look at the comments on the bottom of each problem set to see if others had similar problems. There is often helpful explanations and advice in those comments!

I'm the type that doesn't like to move on if I already know there is something I don't understand.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@jennybbbbb said:

Definitely not bad that you are getting the harder ones wrong; they are hard for a reason :) I would say do a few more of the harder ones and try to get those down before moving on but if you can, save a few problem sets for later so you have some to drill once you start doing PTs. I've been saving one problem set per section for later in the game in case I need to drill but if I'm just not getting it after doing a ton and I have one section left, I go ahead and do the section to try and get a good impression of what I'm doing before moving on.