Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

at what point is it better to drilll whole sections rather than individ. questions?

The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
edited August 2013 in General 283 karma
Is there a point where one is better than the other, or should both be used in conjunction with one another?

Comments

• James DeanJames Dean Free Trial Member
    edited August 2013 297 karma
    Start PT's ASAP.

You can capitalize on the great scoring method the website provides.

Upon grading you can view the diagnostics, which show you the question types you are missing and in what percentages.

So once you start taking PT's you can drill the specific question types that you are prone to make errors on.

E.g. The majority of the questions I miss on LR are descriptive flaw. Knowing this I can bring it up to par.

I think this is the challenge once you start PT's . It becomes a juggling act. Focusing on your weakness, but not at the cost of another section. E.g. I started off doing really well on RC, but I haven't focused on it at all, and now I'm scoring horribly on it. It is now my worst section, and the only thing keeping me from the 170's! So I have to get it back up, while balancing the other two sections/ improving them all simultaneously.
  • The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
    283 karma
    I know that flaw/weaken/assumptions are my worst. so just drill those individually? thats what I've been doing, I guess I'll just continue that
  • James DeanJames Dean Free Trial Member
    edited August 2013 297 karma
    Yes, but If you must drill, I recommend doing it in addition to full length test. On your off days or something.

I apologize to 7sage for mentioning outside curriculum, but I think Manhattan sells bundles of specific questions types if you are needing more material. Otherwise you have to go through selecting specific questions, and in my opinion, you should just take the whole section/test instead of wasting it by picking and choosing.

Just review hard!

I just review all of the ones I've missed regularly.

Cut them out. Do whatever it takes to reprogram your intuition.

Have you been blind reviewing with someone?
    I'm curious to see if anyone finds it more fruitful as I've been doing everything solo.
  • The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
    283 karma
    i have all the bundles - I use them to drill.