Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Editors!

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce our newest editors, Clare and Maura. They've actually been working on your behalf already, but I haven't gotten around to welcoming them yet.

Clare graduated summa cum laude from Yale, where she won two different prizes—one for academics and character, the other for writing. She went on to receive her MFA in fiction from NYU, and her writing has appeared around the web. She's so razor-sharp that I always wrap myself in kevlar before I talk to her, but then I feel like a chump, because she's so nice too, and generous, and kevlar is so hot in the summer.

Maura graduated from Harvard and, like Clare, earned her MFA in fiction from NYU. She's taught writing at USC and at NYU, where she won an award for teaching excellence four years in a row. Her novel BABY OF THE FAMILY will be published by Penguin Random House in March of 2019. Maura's pen is so hot that she often melts her journal. Fortunately, she does most of her editing on a computer.

I can't tell you how excited I am to have these two on the team. They've already blown me away with their perspicacity. I know they can help make your application sing.

Comments

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Welcome aboard dudettes!!

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

"PERSPICACITY" :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Can I have "Words I Didn't Know Existed" for $300, Alex?

Welcome to the community, Maura and Clare!!!

• maura.rooseveltmaura.roosevelt Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    7 karma

Hi All,

I couldn't be more excited to be working with the great team at 7Sage, and especially with all of you! I've already been inspired by the stories I'm reading in your personal statements, and I look forward to helping hone these gripping-- and often surprising-- accounts down into their best possible shape.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Welcome!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

What great additions! How lucky we are to have you two. Welcome!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited September 2017 9377 karma

Welcome!!!!

@Freddy_D said:
    "PERSPICACITY" :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Can I have "Words I Didn't Know Existed" for $300, Alex?

Welcome to the community, Maura and Clare!!!

I just added the word and "perspicacious" to my LSAT vocabulary list.

• Maddie D.Maddie D. Alum Member
    325 karma

Hey editors! Welcome :)

• Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome aboard. It's a pleasure working amid so many great minds.

Since I got my chops as a copy editor -- that is, a professional nit-picker -- I'm here to remind you that Kevlar® falls into the same category as Kleenex, Chapstick, Popsicle, and Saran wrap: a brand name we repeatedly dishonor by forgetting is a proper noun :)

I can't wait to enlighten you all with more "fun" grammar facts, and to be enlightened by your impressive and thoughtful applications.

• FirstOneFirstOne Core Member
    172 karma

Welcome, and I'll be in touch when I'm at that point, exciting stuff!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Welcome! :)

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7286 karma

Full disclosure: @claresestanovich also works for Kevlar®.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7286 karma

Just kidding.

• apawalterapawalter Member
    357 karma

Welcome!! :smiley:

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"David.Busis" said:
    Just kidding.

Dude...can we get 7Sage Kevlar? I want to rock it during the LSAT...

http://i.imgur.com/Px0Ee5k.png