Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I crazy, or are the February exams SO! MUCH! EASIER!

LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
in General 530 karma

Recently took PTs A, B, and C2 (3 of the 4 released February exams that I know of). Scored in the high 170s on all three, each at least 6 points higher than my average across all of the other tests. In June I scored in the high 160s. I realize these three tests constitute a small sample size, but to have such a significant jump -- and so consistent a jump at that -- makes me extremely skeptical. Do February exams have easier curves, with people who wait until the last second to take the exam? That's my best guess at this point...

Anyone else notice the same with their scores?

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Problem with your explanation for the phenomenon is that the curve is not set by those taking the test when it is being administered; it is set beforehand, on the basis of data gathered when the questions were given experimentally.

Glad to hear about your awesome results with those PTs, though!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Nope, there's no difference between February tests. Often when people take a test and score highly they go into the next test with more confidence. I believe that in itself can lead to a score increase.

The only thing I've noticed was that PT A and B had LG sections I found a bit harder and LR that seemed a bit easier. I'm not sure if that was just me, but I don't think it's due to them being specifically February exams. I think I just need work on games. After all, we have to remember this is a standardized test.

Congrats on your awesome score increase!

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Also, are these necessarily February exams? My understanding was that they are just previously undisclosed. So they could be certain international tests or other special date tests...

Generally though, I think the LSAC is good enough about making sure no test really is any easier than another (within the margin of error) after accounting for the curve and what not.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

they probably just play to your strengths