Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many times do u check your watch

The title says it all

Comments

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

Depends. In LR sections I usually check at the start of questions 11/16/21. LG I check it after each game. RC I check after each passage, unless I get the feeling I'm taking a long time, then I'll check immediately and make a call if I need to move on.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Probably around every 5 questions on LR. For RC, I check the time after I'm done reading the passage and at the beginning of each new passage. For LG, it really comes down to the game and how I'm doing. I tend to start looking at my watch more when I'm doing harder games.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Great question. I've only PT'd a couple times and find myself checking it way too often. I think my anxiety makes me worry about time too much.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

@tringo335 same, i had my LR pretty downpat, i was hitting all 25 Qs within 26/27 minutes. But i started getting really antsy w timing and i check my clock 1 billion times a section, which is extremely counterproductive. Screwing w my flow

• sunflowersandlawsunflowersandlaw Alum Member
    360 karma

I usually check it at intervals. So, for LR I check it at question 10, 15 and 20. For RC I do it after each passage. For LG after each game. Kind of helps you determine how much time you have for the rest.. : )

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    edited October 2017 4196 karma

RC and LG: at the end of every passage/game

LR: around question 10, then usually once more around 18-20 (kinda depends if I feel like I'm going slow and am getting stuck on questions) and then once I am done with the section I check and see how much time I have to go back and check questions

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I don't check it. I'm not sure if it's a bad habit or not tbh. The time's I've tried to check it I found myself committing way more over confidence errors and not thinking things through as well. I can't say my score has gone up or down because of it, but the feeling I get from checking my watch is not worth checking it.

I finish LG early
    I finish LR with 2ish min left
    I finish RC with about 20 seconds left haha

I just kinda ignore the watch though.