Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the word on PS page limits?

Two schools I'm applying to want two pages max. Three other schools want approximately two pages. And the other seven schools either don't have a page limit or it's max three. I'm at about two and three quarters pages right now, and am wondering what to do. I know the "two page max" schools are a hard line, and I plan to edit shorter for those, but what about the "approximately two pages" schools. How flexible are they when they say approximately?

Having a very hard time editing down while still telling the full story I want. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

(1) For schools with a max, make absolutely sure not to go over. In general, not sticking to rules is greatly frowned upon (Same goes for guidelines about font and margin size). (2) As far as schools that say approx. 2 pages, I think that 2 and 3/4 is too long. I would say that 2 and 1/4 is the max you should submit to such a school.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@elisajelley said:
    Two schools I'm applying to want two pages max. Three other schools want approximately two pages. And the other seven schools either don't have a page limit or it's max three. I'm at about two and three quarters pages right now, and am wondering what to do. I know the "two page max" schools are a hard line, and I plan to edit shorter for those, but what about the "approximately two pages" schools. How flexible are they when they say approximately?

Having a very hard time editing down while still telling the full story I want. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've read if there are no specifics, keep it to 2 pages.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited October 2017 3521 karma

Def don't go over the word limit. Also I think brevity is greatly appreciated. Georgetown's website says that "economy" is encouraged with your words

• Felix MendezFelix Mendez Alum Member
    60 karma

Question. When you guys are mentioning two page limit... you guys talking double spaced or regular?

• elisajelleyelisajelley Alum Member
    89 karma

@"Felix Mendez" Double-spaced! Almost every school specifies, and they all ask for double spaced