Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disability Accommodations

samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
edited October 2017 in General 1777 karma

Hello! I have been looking at the LSAC website, and I'm starting to get discouraged about receiving accommodations on the LSAT. I have a few long-term, documented diagnoses that could qualify me for accommodations. I know this is personal, but it would be really helpful to hear about some experiences with applying for accommodations, especially if it pertains to the conditions below. Thanks!

What did you try to get an accommodation for?
  1. Did you receive an accommodation?11 votes
    1. Anxiety disorder (significant)-- Approved
      54.55%
    2. Anxiety disorder (significant)-- Denied
      18.18%
    3. OCD-- Approved
        0.00%
    4. OCD-- Denied
        0.00%
    5. Motor issue-- Approved
      18.18%
    6. Motor Issue-- Denied
        9.09%

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Bumping this to the top.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I'm interested in keeping an eye on this and any info/advice folks have. I've been somewhat debating applying for accommodation, though I think I probably won't. I have a joint condition that makes me get really stiff and sore sitting in 1 place for too long so would love the option with having 5 minutes between sections. Oh, to stand up and stretch! Haha. But I've also seen nightmare scenarios about the actual accommodations, it sounds like things can sometimes go wrong with them. Changing room assignments, less than ideal rooms, etc. Since I don't necessarily need it, think I'll just sit with the main one to avoid any extra hassle. And get a massage after! hah

• joyrider8joyrider8 Alum Member
    52 karma

Have you been approved for accommodations for another standardized test, like the SAT or the GRE? If so, LSAC will most likely give you the same or better accommodations without additional documentation (Prior Testing Accommodations Policy).

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

@joyrider8 I did not apply for SAT accommodations because I didn't have the disabilities that I have now. I am working on getting my documents together and hoping for the best!

• joyrider8joyrider8 Alum Member
    52 karma

@"samantha.ashley92"
    Good luck! I hope they approve your request!