Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool proofing LG

mzoodlemzoodle Member
in Logic Games 226 karma

I am in the CC in LG, and I am having trouble with this section. Should I fool proof everything that I have trouble with and not continue with the CC until I fool proof everything? I feel lost as to what to do. LR and RC are my strong sections.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@mzoodle said:
    I am in the CC in LG, and I am having trouble with this section. Should I fool proof everything that I have trouble with and not continue with the CC until I fool proof everything? I feel lost as to what to do. LR and RC are my strong sections.

Yeah, I tend to think fool proofing the games in the CC is worth it. Right now you're learning the basics and it's really important you get good at diagramming the different games. As the games become harder, you will only have more trouble. I got decently good at games just fool proofing the CC games.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I second what @"Alex Divine" said. I initially took a month out just to fool proof games. It's really worth it and it will help you get familiar and knowledgable about game types.

• mzoodlemzoodle Member
    226 karma

So fool proof all games in the CC? This will obviously make it longer to finish the CC. I test in December.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@mzoodle said:
    So fool proof all games in the CC? This will obviously make it longer to finish the CC. I test in December.

Hmm... If you test in December and are having trouble with games, you may want to begin to considering pushing back your test date if possible. Games are said to be the most learnable section of the exam and I'm inclined to agree. It's largely just about repetition and exposure. I'm still not the best at games (I'm wildly inconsistent), and continue to fool proof, but it's been the one area where I've seen consistent, linear improvement directly correlated to how many games I have fool proofed. In short, the more I do the better I get. I don't think that's necessarily the case for the other sections.

More importantly, with only 6 weeks left to prep, you want to make sure you have ample time to drill/fool proof and take enough PTs with proper blind review. It seems like you aren't quite done with the CC yet, so again, I would personally recommend reconsidering your prep timeline.

There's no quick, easy answer to improvement on this test. But one thing is for certain: Don't rush or sacrifice quality prep in order to meet a test date.

FWIW, I still think you should at least make sure you have a good grasp of the games in the CC before moving on to PT'ing. You can always fool proof the bundle and PT in tandem. But if you already know games are a section that needs improvement, time is better spent upfront addressing said improvements.

Best of luck to you :)

• mzoodlemzoodle Member
    226 karma

ok thanks!