Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pomodoro technique for focussed study

yeshesviniyeshesvini Member
in General 113 karma

Hellos all,

so i have been experimenting with using the pomodoro technique for 35 min time slabs gearing up for the LSAT....really helpful with focussed study and deep work....and training the brain...

have downloaded tomighty and marinara as chrome extensions on my devices....thought might share the collated list of effective apps to try out....

APPS THAT MAY HELP YOU?

Forest: You can plant a seed in Forest. In the following time, this seed will gradually grow into a tree. However, if you cannot resist the temptation and leave this app to check Facebook or play a game, your tree will wither away. It’s available for both Android and iOS.Link

Tide: It combines the most popular time management method Pomodoro Technique with peaceful White Noise, Tide makes your time more productive and enjoyful. I personally use this app and I love it. It’s available for both Android and iOS.

Tomighty: A free desktop timer for the Pomodoro Technique. It’s not available for your smartphones rather its for your PC or Mac. If you have to study or work on your computer, in such case you can use it as focus agent.

Marinara: No this is not sauce, its Marinara Timer. A Pomodoro-style timer you can tailor to fit your productivity needs. You can set time segments that fit your workflow, reduce distractions and share your productivity timer with teammates to complete tasks more efficiently.

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I have used Pomodoro technique before and I combined it with Trello and it pretty much automatically updates -which was cool. I think it was fun for a while but got annoying as it forces you to take a break and I can be in the middle of something.

I tried the forest thing as well but I realized I didn't feel as bad when the trees were cut because it wasn't real. I instead use a blocking app that just blocks these sites during study hours.

Have not tried Marinara or Tide. The white noise idea sounds cool. So I may give that a go.

I love how the Pomodoro technique integrates so well with other apps.

• yeshesviniyeshesvini Member
    113 karma

Marinara is brilliant!! am addicted...:)

• yeshesviniyeshesvini Member
    113 karma

will give trello a go....how do u block sites for study periods?

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Very cool! I was kind of doing the Pomodoro technique without realizing it. I will take a look at your suggestions and fine tune the way I study. Thanks!

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

Just Wanted to Bump this up because I thought it was helpful