Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

December LSAT: Need help with logic games.

jamesgravellejamesgravelle Alum Member
in General 10 karma

Hello,

I am going to be writing the December LSAT and I am having alot of difficulty with logic games. I have been drilling and improving my LR and RC but I am horrible and I mean the worst kind of horrible for logic games, I barely get a few questions right. What suggestions can you make to help me get over this hump in time for the December LSAT? While I am strong with LR and RC, I know every point matters on the LSAT and I want to do the best i possibly can. I think my issue comes from the abstract thinking involved if this helps with your answer.

Thank you.

Comments

• Mo ZubairMo Zubair Alum Member
    391 karma

I think improving in LG is easiest among all three section for anyone. But it's not quick. Its tedious. and simple. Most effective prescription is to foolproof logic games PT 1-35. You might not have time for all 1-35 games but the more you fool proof the better you will get. I say start working now.

Personally, i was also worst at Logic games. before foolproofing entire 1-35 games, i was at around -15. No a disaster would have to happen for me to score a -15 in LG section. LG is my strongest section now.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jamesgravelle said:
    Hello,

I am going to be writing the December LSAT and I am having alot of difficulty with logic games. I have been drilling and improving my LR and RC but I am horrible and I mean the worst kind of horrible for logic games, I barely get a few questions right. What suggestions can you make to help me get over this hump in time for the December LSAT? While I am strong with LR and RC, I know every point matters on the LSAT and I want to do the best i possibly can. I think my issue comes from the abstract thinking involved if this helps with your answer.

Thank you.

What have you done so far to prep for LG? Have you gone through the CC lessons on LG yet?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Have you foolproofed the games in the CC? The CC covers all the "basic" games, so I think fool-proofing them would definitely help you.

@"Mo Zubair" said:
    I think improving in LG is easiest among all three section for anyone. But it's not quick. Its tedious. and simple. Most effective prescription is to foolproof logic games PT 1-35. You might not have time for all 1-35 games but the more you fool proof the better you will get. I say start working now.

Personally, i was also worst at Logic games. before foolproofing entire 1-35 games, i was at around -15. No a disaster would have to happen for me to score a -15 in LG section. LG is my strongest section now.

I had a similar experience. LG is now my strongest section after countless hours of fool-proofing.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Have you considered upgrading to the Ultimate+ so you can get the Logic Game Bundle and fool proof each game? Once I'm done with the CC I plan on upgrading for the bundle because I know it will be invaluable for my LG studies

• jamesgravellejamesgravelle Alum Member
    10 karma

I have gone through the CC, I plan on reviewing it this week and fool proofing the CC logic game questions. I would upgrade if I had the time or the finances. I have been finding fool proofing does great for your individual games but on some PTs the methods for LG are quite different from previous ones.

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

I plan on sitting in Feb, I've spent all of September and October doing absolutely nothing but LG. Prior to Feb I plan on having every single game from 60+ foolproofed (after I take the PTs). It took me a long long time to see any improvement on LG, and Im still not where I want to be yet. It does take a lot of time and perseverance.

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

I noticed a lot of improvement doing lg untimed but timed confidence drills. I would repeat the same games about 2 weeks after not touching them in order to see if I could recreate the inferences, and not just remember them from the vids. That seemed to help a lot.