Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't know what to do

pjanderson5pjanderson5 Free Trial Member
edited January 2015 in General 238 karma
Hello all,

I was disappointed to say the least with my December LSAT score of 157. I was PTing at 161 average and had scored a 165 a few days before the test. With my 3.2 GPA, I needed a higher score.

My plan was to always go straight through to law school from undergrad, but with these numbers, I might get into some schools, but with no scholarship. I really want to attend the University of Wisconsin law school (currently undergrad there) and think I may have a shot (probably will get waitlisted).

Should I retake and apply next cycle or apply to UW and attend if I get in? I have been distressed the last 24 hours and have a thousand thoughts running through my head. Your input is appreciated.

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    sounds like what you know you should do, just need justification for waiting a year bc well let's face it, taking a year off from school b4 going back isn't a pleasant thought, but it is well worth it if you make the most out of it (get a job(not some w.e fast food joint) study and properly prepare yourself to knock your next take out of the park)
  • danballinger5danballinger5 Alum Member
    198 karma
    To be brutally honest, I doesn't seem likely to me that you will even get waitlisted with those numbers. Plus, the waitlist is far closer to a rejection than an acceptance. Coming straight from undergrad is going to hurt you, as law schools put a premium on life experience after undergrad - it is one of those 'soft factors' that really count. It looks like Wisconsin's deadline to apply is April 1 though. You still have time to apply if you take the Feb test and do better. If you wait until next year, you will have the opportunity to do some meaningful stuff that could pack your resume.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I'd have to disagree with @danballinger5 a little, going straight through will hurt you(in this case) but not in respect to life experience. Although WE and that is looked positively upon it does not really hurt you to not have it. If you had a score you wanted/needed for your goals I would say go right through and not take a year off to gain exp but seeing your situation going right through would hurt you in that it would diminish your potential school options and $$