Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Meeting JY in person...

mcb4LSUROXSmcb4LSUROXS Alum Member
in General 146 karma

Quick study break thought... I wonder ... should I ever get the chance to meet JY in person, maybe something like a 7Sage Ashram retreat (which probably operates more like a happy hour), if JY would speak to us at 1.2x. I find 1.44x quite unnatural, but also I'm quite impatient at 1.0x speed for the wisdom as well.

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I have met him in person, and I can confirm that he speaks at 1.44x speed naturally.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Legend has it, after a few drinks he speaks at 0.8x speed. But yeah, 1.44x naturally without a doubt.

I'm really liking this 7Sage Ashram retreat / happy hour @mcb4LSUROXS

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    1363 karma

@mcb4LSUROXS said:
    Quick study break thought... I wonder ... should I ever get the chance to meet JY in person, maybe something like a 7Sage Ashram retreat (which probably operates more like a happy hour), if JY would speak to us at 1.2x. I find 1.44x quite unnatural, but also I'm quite impatient at 1.0x speed for the wisdom as well.

Can we just spend a few moments imagining what the said Ashram retreat would look like? LOL

9377 karma

@thisissparta said:

@mcb4LSUROXS said:

Can we just spend a few moments imagining what the said Ashram retreat would look like? LOL

It will be more like a bootcamp to attack the LSAT like this:
    http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/kamehameha-gif.gif

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@thisissparta said:

@mcb4LSUROXS said:

https://media.giphy.com/media/cEYFeDYAEZ974cOS8CY/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/DQQr3t2JYFt72/giphy.gif

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    edited January 2018 1363 karma

@akistotle, @"Alex Divine", @mcb4LSUROXS LOL. Also, we'd all probably be wearing one of those "If you can't do Main Point Questions you have no business doing any other questions in the Logical Reasoning section of the LSAT" tees.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I listen to most vids on 1.7x (my roommate heard it and thought JY was a mad man lol), and turn to 1.44x if I need to absorb material a little better. For the first time in months, I put a video on 1.0x just to see what his normal speaking voice sounds like and I swear it sounded like a slomo video to me hahaha.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@thisissparta said:
    @akistotle, @"Alex Divine", @mcb4LSUROXS LOL. Also, we'd all probably be wearing one of those "If you can't do Main Point Questions you have no business doing any other questions in the Logical Reasoning of the LSAT" tees.

Yes. Just yes.

We need new 7Sage merch!

9377 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@thisissparta said:
    @akistotle, @"Alex Divine", @mcb4LSUROXS LOL. Also, we'd all probably be wearing one of those "If you can't do Main Point Questions you have no business doing any other questions in the Logical Reasoning of the LSAT" tees.

Yes. Just yes.

We need new 7Sage merch!

YAAAAAAAAAS

http://imgur.com/SbHZ3tN

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@akistotle you ARE aye-may-ZING :relaxed:

I wonder if I can just go to the local mall and have them make me this t-shirt? This is definitely worth $25 bucks ...

9377 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    @akistotle you ARE aye-may-ZING :relaxed:

I wonder if I can just go to the local mall and have them make me this t-shirt? This is definitely worth $25 bucks ...

I always think of going into T-shirt business whenever I get a low PT score. lol

• zkchrumzzkchrumz Free Trial Member
    164 karma

When I was still studying, I would run the videos on 2.4x speed when I wanted to learn. When I want to appreciate JY's humor, I slow down to 1.7x. In real life though, JY's 1.0x speed doesn't seem out of sorts at all.

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    edited November 2017 640 karma

@akistotle
    This is brilliant.
    I really want this t-shirt, and other shirts with J.Y's quotes!!!
    This will inspire me to drill harder!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

A 7Sage conference would be awesome.

• mcb4LSUROXSmcb4LSUROXS Alum Member
    146 karma

OMG classic stuff for my morning read today! Too funny!