Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

applied already. what if i retake and wait for the next cycle?

miriruchertmiriruchert Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 180 karma
Hi everyone,
if I get accepted to my safety school and decide to retake the LSAT in June to apply to my reach schools who rejected me, to see if I have a chance, will the safety school still take me a year later when I refused the offered seat the year prior?

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    I don't see why they should not... its in their interest to have you come if your LSAT score is in their desired range.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    no admissions is guaranteed, though it wouldn't negatively affect you
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Maybe you wouldn't feel comfortable doing this, but I know people who accepted and deferred for their safety school while reapplying to their top choices. If you do this, you don't have to worry about re-admission to your safety school and if there's no money involved, just turn down your acceptance if you get into your top choice(s).
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @mes08 ohhh... good tip!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    Here is a funny story that should make you feel better.
    When UCLA law held a workshop at my university they went over the best and worst recommendation letters. In one bad recommendation letter a professor admitted that she give the student an A to get the student off her back. She wrote about how the student always stalked her for the letter or her grade and she even started hiding a knife in her office for safety from the student (I guess this student was just a huge creepy stalker). The rep said this letter made her laugh so hard that she even framed it and put it in her office. The student got a 170 on her lsat so she was good enough to get into UCLA law. However, this recommendation letter worried them and they wanted to interview her to see for themselves what this girl is all about. 1) she arrives late to the interview 2) she was extremely rude to the interviewers. So obviously they denied her.

Now the girl went off to another law school and applied to transfer to UCLA law after her first year. They again gave her another chance hoping she changed in law school. But nope she was the same rude person.

So if UCLA law is willing to give such disrespectful student another chance after denying her the first time. Surely, it's possible that the schools that accepted you once will be willing to accept you again.
  • miriruchertmiriruchert Alum Member
    180 karma
    Thank You so much for all your help. I am still deciding. More than half off at Santa Clara or re-take and apply again next year to better schools. I think that when I defer, it comes with the stipulation that I am foregoing applying to other schools. So I would have to risk them not taking me next year if I want to improve. Toughest choice ever.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    The more you improve the more money you'll get :)