Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apply now or in January

Hey all!

First off I want to say how much 7sage has helped me in such a short time! I felt so much more confident walking out of the December test than I did in September. That being said, when should I submit my applications? Should I submit now so law schools can see my profile before the scores come back? Or, wait for the scores from December?

I'm just concerned schools will render a decision without looking at my December score.

Thanks!

When
  1. When should I apply10 votes
    1. Now
      40.00%
    2. Wait till 1/3/17
      60.00%

Comments

• I have a similar question.

I have a score from the September test, but I feel like I did at least a couple of points better on the test last Saturday. I want law schools to see December's score when they review my application. If I submit my application before this score comes back, will my candidacy profile be automatically updated with my December score, or will I have to notify schools individually of my December score?

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

If you don't think your September school can get you in the schools you're applying to, then wait for the December score to come out.

Yes, most schools will review your app without the December score unless they have (like Georgetown) a section you can check to have them wait for your new LSAT score.

• Awesome. Thanks, Paul. I feel I would be competitive at most schools with my previous score, but I'm hoping/thinking December's score will give me a boost.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think I recall someone saying that you could submit and schools would either automatically wait for a December score, or you could request that specifically. If you're worried about an outright rejection or waitlist based on September score, then you might want to wait or contact admissions to ask about their policy.