Hi! I was told to apply by Halloween to get your app in on time, but I think I can do comparatively better on the LSAT in Nov vs October.
Is November still considered an early time to apply? Wondering if it’s worth it to rush the LSAT process a bit for an earlier application.
11
10 comments
I think it's totally fine to apply when you receive a Nov score. I think it's better to have a stronger score than a little later. take this with a grain of salt, though - I am not an admissions counselor
I have a related concern - if November LSAT score release is in December, how does that impact the overall application process? Are we even allowed to apply to schools while the score is still pending?
@aikol.iva You can apply if you have another LSAT already documented and then submit updated numbers if you are still waiting to hear from schools at that point. (I think) (No one yell if I'm wrong)
@mom lol love your username! I think msot schools let you do this, but some don’t let you send updated info after your app. Check each schools info before finalizing your app to be sure!
just an update - I met with an admissions counselor who recommended before the new year is a timely application. Starting to think of the timeline like:
Sept-October - Early; November-December - on time; Jan-March - later in the cycle
(this counselor is amazing and affordable btw. I am happy to share her info, just message me!)
I'm in the same boat. I've spoken to a few admissions counselors directly and while pre-Halloween is great, if you think that extra month will have a significant impact on you LSAT score. Do it. You definitely want the best overall application. Especially if you're applying to more competitive schools.
@mom I think it’s going to be a few points of difference, but you never know how much that can help or hurt! My gpa is a bit low so I’m hoping to venture into strong splitter territory
I registered for October, but I think I might register for November too, just in case. I may end up not taking the November test, which means I’ll lose the $200+, but I’d rather lose the money than regret not registering for November if I don’t get the score I want in October. Since there’s no December LSAT, I think taking the risk makes sense.
@Edith that definitely makes sense!
also wondering this!