Hi!

Just wanted to ask, do/did any of you struggle with two answer choices and chose the wrong one. If so, did you over come it? How?

and

Is that supposed to be a good sign of improvement?

Thanks 😊

4

13 comments

  • julielamberth Independent Tutor
    Tuesday, Sep 22
    1. Think about whether you want strong or weak language for the question type.

    2. Think about how you "test" an answer choice - negation test, etc.

    3. If the two choices seem very similar, look at them side by side and identify what is different about them then ask yourself which wording would be appropriate.

    6
    Wednesday, Sep 23

    Thank you very much :) I will apply this.

    1
  • Tuesday, Sep 22

    This is a good sign because you are not struggling between 5 answers or 4 answers. You already narrowed it down to 2 which is good. Next step is always remember there has to be a correct answer and has to be 4 wrong answers. If you think "oh i guess both could be correct" that wont work

    6
    Wednesday, Sep 23

    Thank you.

    It's always like I second guess myself or look for an explanation for those two answers and end up picking the wrong one. But it's a little motivating that its a good sign. Ive been struggling forever and finally getting down to two answers.

    1
    Thursday, Sep 24

    All good, I get it, I sometimes struggle between two answers. All you can do is just keep studying and learning, and it will come with time and practice!

    2
  • Tuesday, Sep 22

    When I had two left, I’d slow down and interrogate each difference between the two options—it often came to comparing individual words and seeing which one actually applied to the context

    3
    Wednesday, Sep 23

    Yes, once I review I notice the difference between the two but its too late lol

    0
  • Tuesday, Sep 22

    One thing that really helped me with this is that there is no such thing as two answers being close, there are four wrong and one right. After I learned that, I got a lot better at not getting stuck with two left.

    3
    Wednesday, Sep 23

    I usually struggle in a section with like 4 that I am between two answers. It is just I second guess myself and end up choosing the wrong one.

    2
  • Tuesday, Sep 22

    like everyone said it's excellent that you have narrowed it down to 1-2! if you choose an answer choice and feel tempted to switch make a rule for yourself that you cannot switch unless you find a compelling reason as to WHY that a/c is wrong

    2
    Wednesday, Sep 23

    It is a little motivating that I'm down to 1-2 since its been a struggle. But I definitely, I always second guess myself or find reasons to choose on one the other.

    1
  • Tuesday, Sep 22

    Also looking for advice regarding this! I also sometimes change my original correct answer to another once i’ve narrowed it down to 2

    2
    Wednesday, Sep 23

    exactly, I always second guess myself and end up going for the wrong one.

    2
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?