Happy (or horrifying) score release day! I’m here to bring some words of hope and encouragement for all of you, especially those of you facing a disappointing result.

In the video I made for August testtakers last month (which you can watch here), I shared my own thoughts on what a low score does and doesn’t mean. Since then, we asked our team at 7sage for their own takes on the subject, and today I want to share with you all an excellent letter we received from one of our tutors, @DillonChaney.

We've got resources for you today. Most notably, we're stacking office hours throughout the day so you can get the emotional and practical support you need. We're also hosting a Live Score Release Extravaganza in a few hours (5pm ET) where the 7sage Podcast team will be answering questions and doling out advice gems and a few tantalizing giveaways.

Please also feel free to use this thread to vent, ask questions, or share your experiences – I'll be around all day (and all week, including Thursday evening's lofi stream which will surely involve some score release Q&A).

33

13 comments

  • Posting before score release so that people know they have a place to go if the time comes 👍

    17
  • 6 days ago

    Needed to hear this today!

    10
  • I got a lower score than I’ve ever received on a diagnostic or PT and just super bummed and not sure how to feel. I’ve been working full time, 40 hrs a week, and studying for 8 months. For my mental health I just can’t take it again, but I’m worried about paying for law school with my highest score on file. I was hoping for full scholarships at at least T50 schools, any advice for a 165 score with scholarships and acceptances? I know this is higher than average and I’m grateful but still not at all close to what I was aiming for.

    Thanks and hope everyone else did great.

    13
    MichaelWright Instructor OP
    6 days ago

    For the admissions side of this question, I'd encourage you to ask our podcast team during today's livestream. (I'm just a lil LSAT boy I know nothing of admissions.)

    As for never taking it again...

    11

    Hi, thank you for this explanation. That makes sense, maybe I'll sign up for the November test date. Thanks.

    6
    4 days ago

    I tried a similar tactic in terms of mindset and can 100% vouch for this approach. Back when I began studying in March, I backwards planned my LSAT trajectory; I knew I wanted to take the test 2-3 times, so I drew up a September, November, and January (worst case) timeline. Simply knowing that my score in September wasn't the "end-all-be-all" allowed me to relax a bit on test day. Don't get me wrong--I was nervous--but it truly felt like just another PT. I ended up scoring a few points higher than my highest PT, and now November is just another opportunity for improvement. I know the January LSAT is a bit out there and it really depends on the school, but it really could help frame your mindset if November has a backstop. If it's not in the cards, you can still 100% knock November out of the park.

    5
  • 6 days ago

    king

    5
  • 5 days ago

    159 to 160..............sigh, I just feel like I wasted 6 weeks of studying.

    2
    MichaelWright Instructor OP
    5 days ago

    A point is a point, and as far as individual point increases go, "150s" to "160s" is no joke either.

    The real thing is to take the same attitude in debriefing this official result as you would a practice test. It's good when things go wrong during practice because addressing errors and weak spots is part and parcel of learning. You get 5 swings -- use each one to learn and you won't see that cumulative effort as wasted if/when you land that higher score.

    5
  • 6 days ago

    This was not my first test :( I went from a 161, to a 160 to a 157 this september. I don’t even know what to do anymore. I studied a lot more and for my first one I barely did. I got denied everywhere last cycle with my 161. I signed up for the november lsat and I will be receiving 16 hours of tutoring with blueprint. If this doesn’t work I’ll only have 1 more try. I just want to get into the University of Miami and I do feel like it’s very unlikely. What else can I do?

    2
    MichaelWright Instructor OP
    5 days ago

    Individualized tutoring is a great idea. How are your PT and blind review scores?

    2
  • I received a 149 and plan to take the test again in October and November. Should I cancel this score or should I save it just incase? I am planning to apply to UC Irvine, Santa Clara University, UCLA, Stanford, and a few Ivy Leagues.

    1
    MichaelWright Instructor OP
    3 days ago

    Generally speaking, there's not much reason to cancel a score. Schools only care about your highest.

    2
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?