My dearest October test takers,

I have come to share some pre-test tips to maximize performance for the LSAT. My credentials: I have a Bachelors degree in Psychology.

  1. Sleep is the most effective method you can utilize. Your brain NEEDS sleep to make new connections and store information. Taking the LSAT while tired is a very, very bad idea. Start sleeping well NOW, so if you don't sleep the best the night before, you still have some sleep banked.

  2. Do NOT cram, try to learn new information, take another prep test, or try out new strategies on test day. We want to keep things as consistent as possible. Cramming is only going to fatigue your brain. You know how to answer these questions, now you want to focus on making sure you aren't burnt out or sick of the LSAT on test day.

  3. You need to hydrate! Even being slightly dehydrated can impact your cognitive function. Drink lots of water, you can even add in a cup of Gatorade every day until the test if you'd like. Alcohol is dehydrating, so I'd suggest not having any until after the test.

  4. Exercise and fresh air. Get outside, get sunlight, and get some kind of movement. Whether it's a walk, an at-home workout, going to the gym, or whatever your preferred type of movement may be, now's the time to make sure you don't neglect it.

  5. Nutrition. Your brain runs on glucose, so have pasta and fruit. Since some of you will be testing in two days from now, I implore everyone to do their absolute best to eat nutritious foods. You can still have something fun! Just make sure you're getting lots of plants, protein, fiber, healthy fats, and carbohydrates. This is especially important for your breakfast the day of the test, and your supper the night before the test. Also, have a good snack with you on test day. Protein bars, cliff bars, a piece of fruit, something that will give you proper energy.

  6. Protect your mental state. Stay off social media, meditate, journal, spend quality time with people you love, cuddle an animal, anything to keep you at peace. These next few days are about staying calm and building confidence.

I wish you all the very best of luck, we are going to absolutely crush this test!

79

18 comments

  • I’m gonna eat bread and Gatorade for the next two days

    14
  • Psych degrees rise up!!

    7
  • Yesterday

    Thank you for this !!!!! May the force be with us all!

    4
  • Yesterday

    I'm definitely going to need this info for November LSAT, thanks a lot

    3
  • 12 hours ago

    thank you so much for this!!

    2
  • 17 hours ago

    Sept I was so chill until I hit start and unexpectedly adrenaline or anxiety hit me and none of the words made any sense and I bombed. Any advice for that?

    2
    16 hours ago

    Do a couple rounds of box breathing to ground yourself, it’s worth the time spent

    2
    16 hours ago

    Same, had a full blown anxiety/panic attack and completely bombed the first half.

    1
  • Yesterday

    Thank you for these helpful reminders!

    2
  • Yesterday

    Are Mush overnight oats okay?

    2
    Yesterday

    You bet! If you have protein powder you could add a little (don’t make cement), and a piece of fruit, along with a big glass of water and that sounds like a fantastic breakfast to me! I’m a big overnight oats fan myself, so easy and nutritious.

    3
  • Edited Yesterday

    I am taking it Wed and woke up today with a stuffy nose even though I have tried to do everything in my control to protect my health the last few weeks… annoyed to say the least

    Any advice on not letting this distract my performance? 😭I am planning to go to the store today to grab medicine

    I am also registered for Nov so at least this is not end all be all but I plan on powering through the test on Oct

    2
    Yesterday

    Do everything you can to remedy it, medicine, steaming, sleep as much as you can, and hydrate like CRAZY! I know water can taste different and weird when sick, but think of the greater good. Have some tea, too!

    2
    Yesterday

    Also, if you have or can get a netti pot to help clear your nose, that would be helpful! You could do it right before the exam, the relief lasts for a bit, it’s especially helpful when sick and you just can’t breathe through your nose.

    2
    Yesterday

    You’re so kind thank you I def should get that. I am really rooting for you this week. What day are you taking it? I will make sure to think of you that day!

    4
    Yesterday

    That’s so sweet! I write on Friday!

    3
    Yesterday

    try Breathe right

    2
    7 hours ago

    Anything good for nasal decongestant to prevent migraines and brain fog!!

    2
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?