Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm 25% through 7sage syllabus. Is there still hope for 173+ in Oct?

KK Free Trial Member
edited July 2013 in General 345 karma
I practiced 20 random weaken questions using the cambridge bundles and I got 4 wrong out of 20. 2 were from the most difficult group, while the other 2 I got wrong were easier...

Is there hope for me to get everything down for a high score by Oct? I'm trying to finish the 7Sage course by mid-July so I can start doing full length PTs.

Is this a good strategy?

Comments

• Bret CypelBret Cypel Alum Member
    122 karma
    Take some practice tests and find out. There is always hope. Best of luck.
  • CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    302 karma
    I agree with Bret.
    You need to do a full timed PT to find out roughly where you are at the moment.
  • KK Free Trial Member
    345 karma
    I'm at 164 on the PT i took when I started the class.
  • Bret CypelBret Cypel Alum Member
    edited July 2013 122 karma
    164 is a pretty good score in my opinion, but if you are aiming for better, then keep studying and taking practice tests to gauge your progress.

My strategy is to take 5 practices tests in 5 weeks, and do an intensive blind review each week. At the end of the 5 weeks, I take an average of those 5 tests, and review what I need to improve. I will then take another 5, and do the same thing. If the average is going up, then that's a good thing. Expect to score around there. If your average is 170+, then I would say you have a good chance of scoring very well.

I hope this helps.
  • Username 7865Username 7865 Free Trial Member
    24 karma
    I think it's safe to say that everyone progresses in their LSAT PT scores a little bit differently, so it may or may not be enough time. My last 3 PT scores were 164, 166 and 167 and my highest ever (about 2 weeks ago) was a 171. My goal is a 172 and I'm a little unsure if I can hit that by October.

From my understanding, the general consensus is that if you're trying to hit that 99th Percentile, don't take the test until you're already PTing there consistently.