Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CAS system

LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
in General 250 karma
Hello, I have a question about the system...
Where is the transcript requesting form?
I registered my schools, but I do not see the forms.
Also, it says it takes about 2 weeks to proceed...what if it will not be done by the deadlines of school application?
How long did it take for you?
It requires my signiture, so can I just type or do I have to print it and mail to my college? (I cannot attach it to email when I ask my institution when forwarding transcript?)

Thank you for the help in advance.

Comments

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    edited January 2017 821 karma
    @LSATaker said:
    Where is the transcript requesting form?
    I registered my schools, but I do not see the forms.
    When you log into LSAC, go to Apply > Credentials > Transcripts. Then when you scroll down, under your listed institutions, it will say "Transcript Request Form." It's a link to a PDF, you can download it and then either print it and hand-carry it to your school, print it and send it by mail, or print it, sign it, rescan it, and then e-mail it to your school. The form of delivery also depends on school policy. If your school won't take it by e-mail, you have to mail it or deliver it in person.

The speed with which each school fills your request varies. It does take the LSAC some time, however, to upload your transcripts once the school has sent them to Pennsylvania. It took my university about a day to process my request, and then another week and a half for them to show up on my LSAC profile. It took my community college (where I took some classes while in high school) a week to process my request, then it took another week for LSAC to update my transcripts online.

If it's not done by the time you need to submit an application, I'm not sure that you can submit apps through LSAC.
  • LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
    250 karma
    thanks for your reply.
    I'm still not sure how it works...it says for each school it costs $30.
    So this is in addition to the $175 (for making CAS) and application fee each school requires right?
    @stgl1230
    821 karma
    @LSATaker said:
    I'm still not sure how it works...it says for each school it costs $30.
    So this is in addition to the $175 (for making CAS) and application fee each school requires right?
    Unfortunately, yes.

When you request transcripts from your undergraduate university, you usually have to pay - something small like $10.

Then, once your transcripts are uploaded on your LSAC account and you are ready to submit an application, you owe LSAC another $30 per application, even if a given school has waived their application fees. A school's application fee does not include the LSAC fee.
    250 karma
    @stgl1230
    Thank you,
    It really sounds constly...
    By the way, can my school send electric copy of transcript along with the transcript form?
    Or those should be mailed to LSAC?
    I thought if we could send electric version, it will save time?
    821 karma
    @LSATaker said:
    @stgl1230
    Thank you,
    It really sounds constly...
    By the way, can my school send electric copy of transcript along with the transcript form?
    Or those should be mailed to LSAC?
    I thought if we could send electric version, it will save time?
    It is costly. I believe you can get the LSAC fees waived if you qualify financially, although I'm not 100% sure. If this is true, it probably takes some time to get that waiver applied though, and from what I'm understanding, you want to get your applications as soon as possible.

I don't think that transcripts can be sent electronically. It would certainly be faster, but my schools had to send them via snail mail. Not sure if that was their policy or if it was required by LSAC. I have a feeling it was the latter.
    250 karma
    @stgl1230
    I see...thanks for your answers!
    I did not expect it is this costly so I guess I'll have to choose school carefully...