Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expected drop off

texvd1988texvd1988 Member
in General 605 karma
I am taking the February lsat and am scoring in the 159-163 range (one 159, one 160, and 2 163's). It's an improvement of 10-12 over my diagnostic so I am happy. Sad because I am convinced I could hit a 170 but alas.

Anyway, what is the average drop off that you guys have seen come test day? I will be pretty happy with a 160 to 165 since that will get me in to basically all schools in Texas outside of UT. I also want to be realistic come test day.

I have been testing with fairly standard conditions and have had some issues with timing on LG (I average around -6 whether I go over or under). I assume that opens the possibility of missing 2-3 questions come test day.

I am timing well on LR and averaging -5. RC is anywhere between -6 to -8.

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    It's commonly -3 of your average score from what I've seen.
  • SherryS1SherryS1 Member
    477 karma
    @vduran1988 I'm in the same boat as you for Feb - I feel like I haven't fully realized my potential but am going for it :)

What I've heard is basically what @"Dillon A. Wright" said: scores usually drop 3-5 points. Then again, a select and lucky few see their score go up. (Let's how we're in the latter group!)

What I wanted to call out was if you ever leave questions blank during your PTs, you'll have the ability to factor in guesses come test day and that could offset some of the drop.

For ex: Sometimes I blow LG, don't get through the last game and leave up to six questions blank. My 1/5 chances could pan out on test day and I could get one point back in this worst case scenario.

Just writing about dropping a game stresses me out. I'm going to go drill more LG :)...