Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I PM on of you guys to check out this LOR?

texvd1988texvd1988 Member
in General 605 karma
This professor is a good guy, and I like him a lot. He was kind enough to send back a draft. Can I pm one of you guys to get your opinion on the quality?

Comments

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    edited January 2017 821 karma
    aren't LSAC LORs supposed to be blind? or is that just optional?
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    edited January 2017 605 karma
    @stgl1230

Their submission is blind, but if the recommender wants to check with you on the content, I don't think that's a problem. I didn't prompt anything, obviously. He just wanted to send me the draft to make sure it was good. Do you think I am dipping my toe into hot water and should just tell him to send as is?
    605 karma
    http://www.top-law-schools.com/appendixe.html

"If a recommender requests that you draft a letter for their editing, respectfully decline and see if the recommender would consider writing one with help from you. If the recommender agrees, provide him or her with a letter detailing your qualifications with examples. This way, your recommender can see what should be included in your recommendation without you actually drafting it. If the recommender strongly presses for a draft, seriously consider an alternative recommender.

In some instances, a recommender may ask for a draft because they are unfamiliar with writing a letter of recommendation for law school. If that is the case, many college career services can provide guidelines and instructions on how to write law school letters of recommendation, and there are many excellent books available that explain how to write a recommendation for law school."

It seems like I am right on the line of being okay. Since I am not the one writing it.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Sure :)
    605 karma
    @montaha.rizeq sent. Thank you for your help!
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    sure
  • stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma

@accountformerlyknowasvd1988 said:
    @stgl1230

Their submission is blind, but if the recommender wants to check with you on the content, I don't think that's a problem. I didn't prompt anything, obviously. He just wanted to send me the draft to make sure it was good. Do you think I am dipping my toe into hot water and should just tell him to send as is?

(Sorry, just logged onto 7sage and seeing this now). Seems like I interpreted blind submission as the whole process being blind but this seems fine. Kind of wish I knew about that, sort of curious what my recommenders wrote now. Hope it all worked out!!