Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer School Counted In LSAC GPA?

I just found out that I didn't submit my summer school transcript. Could I estimate the GPA before submitting it on CAS?

Comments

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma

I'm pretty sure that LSAC will calculate the GPA for you.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

yes, summer classes count

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

thanks! Just want to make sure it won't drag my GPA @stgl1230 @TheMikey

1644 karma

I wonder if my school accounted transferred credits. Would it be the same GPA?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@dennisgerrard said:
    I wonder if my school accounted transferred credits. Would it be the same GPA?

I transferred schools, and they took my credits but started me with a fresh GPA. I'm not too sure what you're asking about though, but it sounds like it's something you should ask your school about.

1644 karma

Thanks. And if I get another master degree(one-year), will it counted into my GPA?

821 karma

The LSAC considers your grades at all college-level schools you attend when they create your GPA.

So, say you went to a CC for two years before transferring to a university. Your GPA at the university didn't count your CC GPA, but LSAC will. In other words, if you had a 3.0 at CC and graduated with a 4.0 from a university, your LSAC GPA isn't 4.0. It's 3.5

821 karma

I don't think your masters GPA factors into your LSAC GPA. I believe the LSAC GPA is specifically for your undergraduate work. However, law schools will look at your master's grades when they see your application.

1644 karma

Thanks! @stgl1230