Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stuck in PT40s

I usually get 6-7 wrong per LR section in late PT50s or early 60s. Yet, when I did PT40s(PT42), I got 10 wrong per section. I felt lost and confused. Should I review the CC before doing more timed section or PT?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Assuming all variables were controlled for during your PT: you didn't have a cold, you weren't unusually distracted etc, my recommendation would be to review the CC and review PT 42 thoroughly before continuing to more PTs. Consider this a learning opportunity, get as much as you possibly can from that PT for your journey forward. Really review what you missed. Any questions on particulars, don't hesitate to reach out.

David

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

Depends. Take a look at your analytics for those tests. What does it say your priority is for LR? Based on that information I would review the Core Curriculum and do additional drills. At this point, if you have already done the core curriculum, I wouldn't just go back to all of it - that would take too long and it might waste time on things you are already good at! I would try to find out the particular weaknesses you might have and focus on that.

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

I deleted the previous PTs I did and wanna review the CC or finish the rest since I still have 50% left.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@dennisgerrard I don't think there's a huge difference between missing 6-7 and missing 10 because they both fall in roughly the same range and we need to base where we are off of a range not one PT or one score. If you have not finished the CC I would finish it. It's February and you have plenty of time to finish the CC and take lots of PTs before writing an exam.

Those are my two cents anyway. :)

1644 karma

@RafaelBernard Thanks.I need to down to earth and finish CC ASAP.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dennisgerrard said:
    @RafaelBernard Thanks.I need to down to earth and finish CC ASAP.

Yeah, definitely finish the CC completely - it can make a world of difference!

Also, as Sami said above, use your analytics to see where you can allocate specific study time to gaining a better understanding of.

• jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma

I had very similar experience even after I finished CC. I would recommend the LSAT Trainer as a supplement.

1644 karma

@"Alex Divine" Thanks!! which part of Trainer you found is most useful @jyang72

• jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma

@dennisgerrard, I found logical reasoning section most helpful.