Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Center Wait List

Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
in General 877 karma

Hey All,

I just registered for the June LSAT and the ONLY test center that is within a reasonable distance is the SUNY New Paltz test center. I had gone on to register a couple weeks ago when there were available spots, but realized I needed a picture to register. I recently took the picture and registered this morning, only to find out it had filled up. I requested to be on the waiting list, but I'm wondering how likely it will be for me to get a spot? As of now, my PrepTest morning routine does not include an hour and a half drive, so if that is what is likely going to happen, I guess I would prefer to know now then a week before the test. Considering it's not even March yet, I want to believe I have a good change of getting a spot, but I'm sure those who have already done this before know better than I do. Thoughts?

Thank you.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Hi!

Wow, this is such a crappy situation to be in :( The good news is we are still about 4 months away until the June LSAT so you will have time to adjust your schedule to match test day conditions. For people who have a test center that requires a long drive, they usually stay at a hotel close to the center the night before the LSAT. If you have the means to do so I highly recommend this route. The hour and a half spent driving could be better used for crucial rest and even some warm up drills.It is possible for you to be removed from the waitlist, but since it's not a guarantee I wouldn't gamble on that. I think registering at this new location will put your mind at ease instead of worrying about an opening that may not ever happen for 4 months. So my advice is to register for this new location and if it just so happens the waitlist location opens up, feel free to register there instead. My main objective is for you to have an actual spot instead of hoping to get off a waitlist for 4 months without securing a backup location.

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

Thank you, @"montaha.rizeq" I actually totally agree with you and was planning on registering elsewhere, but I received an email this morning letting me know I got the spot! My guess is some Feb LSATer registered in a panic but decided that they approved of their score yesterday. Thanks anyways :)

11542 karma

@bswise2 said:
    Thank you, @"montaha.rizeq" I actually totally agree with you and was planning on registering elsewhere, but I received an email this morning letting me know I got the spot! My guess is some Feb LSATer registered in a panic but decided that they approved of their score yesterday. Thanks anyways :)

Oh nice! well there you go! haha.

11542 karma

And yeah that makes complete sense about Feb takers registering for June just in case. :)

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

Glad you got the spot! I had a major panic about this. My alma mater wasn't listed for my test date, and there was an SEC conference football game on campus at the nearest center. No way was I about to go into that kind of environment. I was going to go to drastic measures with traveling in order to preserve my morning routine. Then, my alma mater popped up on the test center list so all good!

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

@"Cant Get Right" I totally agree. For some reason, I was terrified to test in an environment that I wasn't familiar with. Like I'm sure it's fine for some people, but the idea of staying in a strange town in a hotel and going to an unfamiliar venue definitely freaked me out a little.