Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review Method Questions

7SageThanks7SageThanks Free Trial Member
in General 166 karma

Two questions regarding BR:

1) Does it decrease the utility of BR to review the same day you took the test? I try to do it next day but that kills some time I have after I've taken the test. I just want as accurate of a BR score as possible so I wait for the following day to review. Is it a big deal if I start reviewing same day as the test?

2) Does it decrease the utility of BR to review using the same marked up PT you used for the test? When I blind review now I have one copy of the test I use for the timed test and then once I have the questions circled I use a clean copy of the test to look at the questions. My thinking is that I do not want to be influenced during BR by my markings like crossed out answers and underlined conclusions, but getting a clean copy just for review isn't always practical.

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    1. No.
    2. Yes.

Use a fresh copy to BR, always. You don't want to look at your marked up test and subconsciously alter your choice based on what work you already did. It happens.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma

Yeah, @"Dillon A. Wright" pretty much has you covered. The main thing for BR is you want to remember your thought process, so actually I think a same day BR is great if you're still feeling up to it after taking a full PT. And you're exactly right about having a clean copy for BR. Seeing your work and your answers totally influences you. I always found that I became subtly nudged towards wanting to confirm my original reasoning and answer choice rather than finding the correct reasoning. It's a subtle shift but it's makes all the difference. With a clean copy, you'll have a recollection of your process without seeing the exact roadmap.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@7SageThanks when you print your PT just flip it over and print again for BR. Saves paper at least. Mark one side PT and the other side BR in big letters.

• smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
    162 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright"

I only BR the questions I circled, but most of the time I am over confident and don't circle enough questions. Is it more effective to BR the questions I missed on a clean copy (without knowing the correct answer) as well as the ones I circled? Would it still count as a BR if I might possibly remember the AC that I pick before? Thanks

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

Is it more effective to BR the questions I missed on a clean copy (without knowing the correct answer)

The whole purpose of a BR is to not know the answer . If you know the answer then it defeats the entire purpose of a BR. Don't jump straight to the answer sheet after a timed PT; BR before looking/scoring.

162 karma

@Mellow_Z
    Sorry I wasn't clear. Im not doing BR with questions where I know the answer. I am combining the questions I circled (not 100% sure about) and the ones I got wrong (without checking correct answer) and putting them up on 7sage as clean copies. That way I'm not influenced by my past answers. Sound good now??

Thanks

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

Yeah that sounds accurate. I definitely know that if I try to BR without a clean copy then I just find ways to convince myself that my previous answer is correct instead of looking at the choices objectively. Also, in the early stages it definitely isn't going to hurt anything by BR more questions than necessary. Anything that you can't say with 100% certainty is correct, you should mark for BR. 100% certainty meaning you know the answer you chose is correct, as well as you know the other 4 are wrong. It'll consume more time, but this method of going through each question and explaining why everything is wrong and why the correct answer is right is an important part of becoming proficient in this exam.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited March 2017 12637 karma

@smseraj3 said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright"

I only BR the questions I circled, but most of the time I am over confident and don't circle enough questions. Is it more effective to BR the questions I missed on a clean copy (without knowing the correct answer) as well as the ones I circled? Would it still count as a BR if I might possibly remember the AC that I pick before? Thanks

Yes, of course. You want to BR everything you missed, everything you couldn't finish, and everything you circled - all on clean copies. If you're not 100% sure on an answer or a question, you'll want to BR that, too.

edited March 2017 162 karma