Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Philadelphia LSAT resources/study group

KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
in Study Groups 346 karma

Hi all, does anybody know of any test prep companies/other places in the Philadelphia that offer free in-person proctored PTs or allow you to bring your own to be proctored (without having to sign up for a full course)? Also, any other Philadelphia LSAT resources or a Philadelphia-area study group?
Thanks!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

I'd expect you to have some great resources in Philadelphia, so probably just a matter of knowing where to look. Most Universities have some kind of testing center which is just kind of their test administration place. Check for this department on the websites at UPenn, Temple, and whatever else you've got. That's where you'll find the proctored PTs.

As for study groups, again, I'm sure you've got tons of options up there. I can't recommend the 7Sage Study Groups highly enough though. I studied for LSAT in the middle of nowhere and benefitted enormously from this community of people. You're drawing people from a much broader community rather than from just who is in immediate proximity. My study group produced multiple 170+ scorers (and counting!) and I don't think I'd ever have found such a great group of dedicated students IRL.

• extramediumextramedium Alum Member
    419 karma

Sorry if you already saw it, but maybe check the map on the main page for other people studying in your area. Unfortunately there's only one other person in my mid-sized city, but I'd imagine there are quite a few in larger coastal cities.

Also, grab me a hoagie from Wawa.

• tcookPHLtcookPHL Alum Member
    300 karma

Hi Kay! I'm in the Philadelphia area (Fairmount specifically). I start PTing tomorrow!

• 7 karma

Also in Philly (West Philly, to be exact).

If you're (or anyone else reading) still on the lookout for local study groups, send me a message...I'm looking to join groups in the area.

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Wow, sorry for such a delayed response. I took a break from studying but am back on if you want to try to start a Philly thing, @hellohellohello or @tcookPHL or any other Philadelphia folks

• tcookPHLtcookPHL Alum Member
    300 karma

Hi @Kayyyyyyy Yes! I'm messaging you both directly!

• tuc28290tuc28290 Alum Member
    103 karma

@Kayyyyyyy said:
    Wow, sorry for such a delayed response. I took a break from studying but am back on if you want to try to start a Philly thing, @hellohellohello or @tcookPHL or any other Philadelphia folks

I am also in Phila too - msg'ing yall now!

But @Kayyyyyyy, to your Q about proctored tests, I know that at least Widener University (i think it's Delaware, but closeby) offers them for free. Not sure of the frequency, though, but I'd recommend checking them out.

• RJmazo14RJmazo14 Alum Member
    94 karma

Just seeing this now...but if you guys are still getting together, let me know! I'm in Grad Hospital and would love to get a group together

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Hey, ya, still trying to pull it together. Planning to meet on Tuesday eves possibly. What's your #? We can loop you in.